Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Rubenandres77

Fortgeschrittener

• »Rubenandres77« ist männlich
  • »Rubenandres77« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 3. September 2010

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 4. April 2017, 01:09

Jacques Cousteau - Calypso - 1:100

Hello friends.
This is the oceanographic ship Calypso used by Jacques Cousteau.

The kit was published by Editorial Urbion in Spain by the late 1982 or early 1983,
and given as a gift to the buyers of the first issue of a collectable Cousteau encyclopedia.

You can find several photos of the original release following this link:
http://www.todocoleccion.net/libros-segu…lypso~x57625135

It is a very simple design, with some 34 parts spread over 4 sheets. The graphics are simple,
and the colors are very basic. Some small parts are duplicated in case the builder makes mistakes.

The finished model is 42 cm long, and almost 8cm wide. Which makes the scale of the kit 1:100
and represents the ship as it was in the early 1980s.

There is certain chaos in parts numbering, and no clue whatsoever on the building order.
Some fold lines are missing, and many of the placement marks for the sub-assemblies
are just wrongly sized or placed (if they exist at all). It is better to double and triple-check before gluing.
And even after making sure of the fit, it will not always result in a good build.

The pages of the Calypso are 52X23 cm (about 20X9 inches). I scanned the Calypso at 600 dpi,
and re-arranged the parts to fit double-letter size. However, the two longest parts of the hull
and main deck had to be cut because they didn't fit the 11X17 paper. I printed in laser,
and cut the new copy to preserve the original.

Is a nice kit. But not so easy to build as could be thought, because of the problems mentioned above.
But it has certain charm. And is one of the very few paper kits of the famous Calypso available.

This was my first model of a paper ship. It was a nice experience.

Thanks for reading. :)
Ruben Andres Martinez
Bogota - Colombia

Bitte verzeihen Sie meine Sprache. Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Ich benutze einen Online-Übersetzer.

Es haben bereits 14 registrierte Benutzer diesen Beitrag mit "Gefällt mir" markiert .

Benutzer, denen dieser Beitrag gefällt:

Asdera (04.04.2017), sulu007 (04.04.2017), BlackBOx (04.04.2017), Tor (04.04.2017), Joachim Frerichs (04.04.2017), Helmut B. (04.04.2017), Riklef G. (04.04.2017), Reinhard Fabisch (04.04.2017), juppidu (04.04.2017), Ralf S. (05.04.2017), Harry17 (05.04.2017), Frank Kelle (05.04.2017), Papierknautscher (05.04.2017), Rainer Domnik (07.04.2017)

Joachim Frerichs

Erleuchteter

• »Joachim Frerichs« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 23. Januar 2005

Beruf: Berufssoldat

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 4. April 2017, 10:26

Hello Ruben,

your first paper model is a very beautiful model. I like it.

Hope you will create much more paper models.

Regards
Jo
Meine bisher gebauten Modelle sind hier abgelichtet :)

Rubenandres77

Fortgeschrittener

• »Rubenandres77« ist männlich
  • »Rubenandres77« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 3. September 2010

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 4. April 2017, 21:21

Hello Ruben,

your first paper model is a very beautiful model. I like it.

Hope you will create much more paper models.

Regards
Jo

Thanks Joachim.
This Calypso is my first model of a ship. I have previously build several airplanes, and other subjects.
:)

Kind regards,
Ruben Andres Martinez
Bogota - Colombia

Bitte verzeihen Sie meine Sprache. Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Ich benutze einen Online-Übersetzer.

Es haben bereits 2 registrierte Benutzer diesen Beitrag mit "Gefällt mir" markiert .

Benutzer, denen dieser Beitrag gefällt:

Joachim Frerichs (05.04.2017), Asdera (06.04.2017)

• »Papierknautscher« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 12. Februar 2008

Beruf: Rentner

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 5. April 2017, 23:26

Hola Ruben,
su modelo está bien hecho. No sabía que hay un modelo de tarjeta de esta nave. Le deseo mucha diversión en la construcción de sus próximos modelos.
Helmut
Papierknautscher

Social Bookmarks