Whvn Nimitz - missing part?

• Thanks, I'll look for it again on that sheet. Can you tell me how high is it above the flight deck? Can you take a picture of it and show here?

Thanks again, Moshe

• Thanks Werner. Now I can see where it should have been. I bought this kit 6-7 years ago, from H&B precision Card Models in the USA via mail order and only about two months ago started building it. Before cutting out parts from the sheets, I usually scan ahead a few sheets at a time for backup. I scanned the deck parts sheets at the end f last week, cut out the parts, and only on Sunday, I realized that I am missing this part. I searched my already cut parts envelope, the scanned sheets on the computer and could not find it. Because it was not there in the first place. The attached image shows sheet#27 but without part#65a. I guess the publisher or dealer digitally printed the kits upon demand only and messed up with the parts arrangement on the sheets.

The missing part should be between the top area of the deck plate and the yellow parts on the left, in the attached image.

Is this part similar in size to part 78e (looks similar, just cut in half, and maybe a little bigger in diameter).

Can you send me this part (65a).

Thanks, Moshe

• Hi Moshe,
    nice to see the Nimitz here. Years ago while building the hull iIhad a problem right at the angele, where at the port side the exstension of the flightdeck beginns. Ther was a vertical part overlooking the hight of the flightdeck. So as the deck would had a catapult. The flightdeck never would have fit. So iIcut away the unnecessary part. I never got an answer from Möwe, where I told this problem.

With the best regards

modellschiff

Artikel 1 GG:

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar.

Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt

• Hi modellschiff,

I can not visualize what you described :( If you have pictures of the area you are talking about it would help to understand. So far, there are a few cases where some black/red part numbers do not match and some other part numbers on the parts sheets and on the assembly drawings also do not match and this slows down the work. Another problem I had, you can see in the attached image. The skin in front, on both sides is 4-6mm too short and I had to add strips of paper (where the dark area is) to cover the gaps.

Moshe

• Hi Moshe,
    you are right, if you have the deckstrukture of the "Offset-reprinted" parts. In the original kit with the "glossy" not Off-setprinted sheets I found 65a . I give you a detailed explanation via PN... please look later (evening) in your PN....
    best regards Werner

• Hallo zusammen,

der Moshe ist beim Bau der Nimitz auf ein Problem gestoßen welches alle Besitzer des Bastelbogens vielleicht betrifft.
    In der ursprünglichen Auflage war das Flugdeck auf Bogen 24-28 so grausam zerstückelt worden, dass selbst Flugzeugträger-Abstinenzler "Augenkrebs" vom Anblick erhielten.
    Somit hat der Verlag kurz nach erscheinen der Nimitz, die Bogen 24-28 mit einer vernünftigen Anordnung nachdrucken lassen (Bravo!!! WHV).
    Es soll aber vorgekommen sein(siehe Moshe) dass dann die Bögen ausgetauscht worden sind, anstatt einfach bei-zulegen; denn auf Bogen 27 "Neu" fehlt das Teil 65a .
    Dies nur als erklärende Ergänzung zur Nimitz.

Gruß Werner