Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 109.

Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008, 09:53

Forenbeitrag von: »Gil Russell«

Thunder Music

Hi Yu, Great build! Some thunder music can be found on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1d4P774eE&feature=related +Gil Russell

Montag, 28. April 2008, 08:57

Stunned I'm Sure...,

Bravo Josef, Just plain Bravo! +Gil Russell

Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007, 17:33

Meritorius Service to the Art

Bernie, Ok, I am impressed! In fact very impressed, but that's not unusual considering your talent for expressing in miniature full scale artifacts. Paper modeling raised to the level of a true art form..., I was just wondering when the rest of the Me-163 will be appearing? Respectfully, +Gil Russell

Freitag, 23. November 2007, 02:07

Lancaster

Hi Leif, Very nice find! Lancaster Mk I here I come! +Gil Russell

Samstag, 10. März 2007, 10:26

Horizon Line

Hi Leif, I find it great that you're forging ahead with the aluminum question. I guess you've been looking at the P-47 on cardmodel.net being done by John Griffin. http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6940 One thing that I've found when applying the "finish" is to have a firm idea of what's being reflected by the aluminum panels from the surround. You've done a great job so far. The unrolled panels can be colored by sampling the associated area in the side view artwork and applying t...

Montag, 26. Februar 2007, 00:23

Good Technique for :87

Hi Leif, Good work! This is a great technique for 1:87. The paper thickness tends toward the actual depth of the radial engine. Addding the pushrod relief is a great piece of trompe d'oeil..., -Gil

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007, 05:59

Drill It Out?

Hi Leif, No effort for the same effect is one my mottos..., Instead of cutting the notch why not just clamp the two halves together and enlarge the whole with a larger drill size? Do about two or three dozen in one sitting for a lifetime of mini flat clamps. I call the others mini pinch clamps. Michael Urban mentioned that the tips could be sanded for special clamping operations which I've done in the past on the full size versions. -Gil

Dienstag, 13. Februar 2007, 20:58

Truth Be Known

Leif, Truth is that I've made them that way also and had them twist apart in my finger tips due to the lack of a slot on that side. Amazingly enough your discovery is a most welcome addition to the stable of clamping devices. Thanks! Best Regards, Gil Russell

Dienstag, 13. Februar 2007, 18:52

A Minor Adjustment

Hi Leif, Wow it's really interesting how fast things travel these days! The clothespin idea is an old stick and tissue modelers trick that I picked up somewhere long ago, just applied it to the miniature clothespins and voila! a cheap and available cardmodeling clamp. I noticed that you cut a notch in the wood to help keep the spring clip aligned. If you look closely at the way the the wood parts are oriented in your photo you'll see that you need to rotate each 180 degrees to equal how they are...

Sonntag, 21. Januar 2007, 04:10

Good Grief Leif!

Leif, You sorely tempt me! This is too much to pass up and I'll just have to build it. Thank you for all your kind work and thinking about the rest of us..., Respectfully, -Gil

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2006, 08:38

Source Material Validation

Leif, Nice source validation. The amount of material on the internet is great. Only problem is that most of the drawings are junk and require more time to fix than they're worth. Derek Buckmaster's drawings are accurate from prior experiences I've had with the material (I have further detailed material on the CA-15 ordered). Some of the stick & tissue models can be easily converted to cardmodels. Just think what a conversation piece a cardmodel of the following aircraft would be: Transavia PL-12...

Montag, 18. September 2006, 11:56

VU Site

Hallo Zaphod, The following site is an interesting resource for VU builders. -Gil Russell http://www.viribusunitis.ca/

Donnerstag, 31. August 2006, 09:26

Derived from this Photo

Hi Lief, It is fun. The photo that went through the process is this one: I'll leave the name as a mystery for now...., -Gil Russell P.S. It does open a whole new avenue for subtrefuge though...,

Donnerstag, 31. August 2006, 06:01

1:87 Scale Figure Facial Features

Leif, Earlier on you posted 1:87 scale figures and wondered whether facial features would be appropriate. I have a project which needs such a figure and the results of experimenting is shown below. The original photograph of the head was filtered with the poster effects filter in Photoshop before being overlayed on the figure. It allows the features to remain after scaling down to the level of 1:87. -Gil Russell

Dienstag, 29. August 2006, 17:06

Russisches Linienschiff "Oslyabya", Digital Navy, 1:250

Oliver, What a beautiful model! Museum perfect! What more can be said! Best regards, -Gil Russell

Freitag, 25. August 2006, 12:00

Micro Pager Motors

Leif, Jan, Google micro pager motors. One site is: http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/pr…p?number=G12809 These motors are the same types that are used by the Micro RC indoor airplane people to power their peanut scale creations. One of the Radio Shack Zip-Zap motors that I have claims something like 23,000 rpm! The next step is to obtain low cost gear trains compatible with these small sized motors. They're small enough that tweezers are recommended to handle them. I've been wondering why som...

Freitag, 25. August 2006, 08:22

Some Measurements

Hi Leif, The original pictures were lost with one of the recurring wipeouts of the cardmodel.net site and for some reason I didn't save the files (or did and just can't find it). The following should satisfy the measurements. I think the voltage is around 3 Volts but will have to be verified. -Gil Russell P.S. Oliver, it was late, I was tired, I was hungry..., but sushi is not a paint, at least not yet...,

Freitag, 25. August 2006, 02:32

Might this be the Pot of Gold

Hi Leif, I posted a note regarding these motors on cardmodels.net some time ago. Radio Shack sells a micro RC brand of subminiature cars under the name "Zip-Zaps". The page for the motors is here: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.…rentPage=family They're for sale in store only so I'm not sure about their availability in the EU. The motors are from pagers and can be found from other sources of micro RC gear online. Best regards, -Gil Russell

Sonntag, 20. August 2006, 00:11

Paper Perfectionists Wing Rib Method

Hello All, It's been a while since the last post on the DH2 build. In the meantime I've been thinking about a way to eliminate the foam wing insert so that the model is closer to 100% paper. The closeup photo below shows a tentative result of the process which needs a little further "tweaking" before a formal debut but is showing all the signs of success. I'm beginning to realize that this technique could have expanded implications in cardmodeling but will hold back on those ideas for the time b...

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 11:11

Cardmodels.net Temporary Interruption

The following message was passed by Rick on Google Papermodels: Hi all, Cardmodels.net is temporarily down due to a change to new servers and potentially a new Board OS. I will try to keep all of those who are interested informed, of the status of the site. Rick The change over can last up to three days. Hopefully it will be back tomorrow so just be patient. The site was becoming slightly unstable over the last several weeks. Hopefully the new server will be more stable..., -Gil Russell