Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 1 000. Es gibt noch weitere Suchergebnisse, bitte verfeinern Sie Ihre Suche.

Montag, 31. August 2009, 14:53

Forenbeitrag von: »John«

RE: Opéra de Paris, palais Garnier/1:250/ L'Instant Durable

The build has provided an opportunity to learn much about the architecture, history and culture of France represented by this marvellous building.

Sonntag, 30. August 2009, 17:15

The Statuary

Apollo adorns the top of the stage house pediment. He's surrounded by Dance and Music. The work is made of bronze and measures 5 metres in height. Apollo is holding up a golden lyre. There is a lightning rod cleverly placed at its center. The horse (middle) is Pegasus.

Sonntag, 30. August 2009, 16:57

The Statuary

The statues have been rendered very nicely. The back sides are not simply reversed versions of the front side. They truly reflect the backs of the figures.

Sonntag, 30. August 2009, 15:09

The East Side

The pavilion is in place. The ID package included a postcard showing the cross section of the building. It will be handy to pull this drawer open when explaining the various parts of the house.

Sonntag, 30. August 2009, 00:47

RE: The East Pavilion

When I first saw the arched openings in the sides of the east pavilion, I thought that this was the entrance where the Head of State could safely enter the building in his carriage. Apparently that was on the rue Scribe or west side. A double horseshoe-shaped ramp allowed the Head of State to enter directly into the pavilion and thus limit the risk of assassination. A small apartment was made available also on that side linked directly to his box.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2009, 17:05

RE: The East Pavilion

The public arrived on the rue Halévy side (east side) of the opera house where a covered entrance opened into the Member's Rotunda.

Dienstag, 25. August 2009, 20:58

The East Pavilion

Now we come to the last major construct on the model; the east pavilion or Ice Rotunda. This dome has been patiently waiting to be mounted on the pavilion since July 3, when it was built with its mate on the west side. Things will be a little different however, here on the east side.

Dienstag, 25. August 2009, 20:26

Opéra de Paris, palais Garnier/1:250/ L'Instant Durable [FERTIG]

Now this was the goal with the setup. With proper camera settings, we see a straight, long wall.

Dienstag, 25. August 2009, 20:22

Opéra de Paris, palais Garnier/1:250/ L'Instant Durable [FERTIG]

Not exactly the exposure I was looking for with this shot, but I find it dark and intriguing. I do like the curved roof on the corner of the aisle.

Dienstag, 25. August 2009, 15:45

The East Aisle

Yes, Fred, the interior modelling is something special on this build. When I built the west aisle, I was not that happy with the support partitions. They got in the way of the reinforcing material. They prevented card from running uninterrupted from one end of the wall to the other. The distance is 47 cm in scale or 117.5 metres. Often when a run that long gets broken up, the effect of reinforcement is lost. Breaks are created that compromises the integrity of a straight run. On this east side, ...

Montag, 24. August 2009, 16:59

The East Aisle

The artwork on the aisles of the opera house is outstanding. The crisp line work and the soft water colours make them very attractive.

Sonntag, 23. August 2009, 22:06

To Date

The model closed with views of the finished west side.

Sonntag, 23. August 2009, 22:03

Closing the Model

Now it's time to close the model and finish exterior construction on the east side.

Sonntag, 23. August 2009, 22:02

Interior Spaces

All the internal details of the east side of the palais are now in place. It has been quite a ride.

Sonntag, 23. August 2009, 20:25

The Vault

The vault of the Great Hall was painted by Paul-Jacques-Aimé Baudry. He spent eight years creating a masterpiece inspired by the masters Rafael and Michael-Angelo. History, music and dance form the themes of this major classical work.

Sonntag, 23. August 2009, 20:14

Gilding

The most striking thing about this and other rooms in the opera house is the overwhelming amount of gold used to decorate surfaces. However, I read that the administration actually tried to keep costs down. Garnier applied gilt only onto surfaces that came into contact with the light, the rest of the surfaces were simply covered with gold-coloured oil based paints.