Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 1 000. Es gibt noch weitere Suchergebnisse, bitte verfeinern Sie Ihre Suche.

Dienstag, 15. September 2009, 14:54

Forenbeitrag von: »Ricleite«

Central Pacific no.60 Jupiter (Modelik 5/09)

Thanks, Zoli The colours are a welcome change from Modelik's more common red and black... On a different note, I confirmed that the girl in your avatar is Yoko Tsuno, a character created by Roger Leloup. Your avatar was taken from one of Yoko's adventures - L'or du Rhin. A good one, if you ask me, where a train is always present

Montag, 14. September 2009, 15:09

Central Pacific no.60 Jupiter (Modelik 5/09)

Hello, Zoli This model is high on my wish list for the next Christmas. You'll have an interested viewer I see you are already well into the kit! Is it as good as previous, recent, Modelik kits?

Montag, 20. Juli 2009, 15:04

Phönix D.IIa - GPM 277 (1/33)

Thank you all for the comments @ Zaphod - that's what I call a coincidence! Do you know if the kit will be available at moduni, or GPM? I'm pretty interested =) @ Norm - quite amazing I'd never think of doing it that way! Well, the lower wingspan of the Knoller is very small but, nevertheless...

Freitag, 17. Juli 2009, 15:09

... and the last ones.

Freitag, 17. Juli 2009, 15:07

Walking around, at ground level...

Freitag, 17. Juli 2009, 15:06

Well, the model is complete Let's go to the pictures...

Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2009, 15:16

@ Norm - I looked again, more carefully, to your construction pictures and yes, I have no doubt that 'your' wings are solid You didn't use the parts provided in the kit and may well have been a very good choice! Just another question - did you leave a place on main card part for a bit of wire? I guess that the two half wings are linked that way. The Knoller wing structure is not unlike the lower wing / floaters structure on the Brandenburg W12. With this solution, there is no need for wing braci...

Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2009, 15:04

@ frettchen - I should be able to post pictures of the completed model tomorrow or Friday... @ Sergey - To paint the edges, I always use pens. Usually ABT dual brush pens because they have a huge set of colours. They are quite expensive but, to paint the edges and not a lot more, they last for a long time . It is often adequate to paint with a neutral grey, instead of a seemingly more appropriate colour. A bright colour will tend to pop up the edge, instead of concealing it @ Norm - I did press ...

Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009, 15:12

KI-84 Hayate/Halinski

It looks very promising If the part 41 slips with a bit of pressure, it may well hold the cowling in place quite neatly. It is 'just' a matter of testing

Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009, 15:06

To assemble the upper wing in the correct position, GPM provides card templates that are very useful. For the struts, I put a bit of wire inside every one. The wire tips enter small holes on the connection points. The last picture shows the radiator and the airspeed indicator. I guess this one could only be used by pilots with above average eyesight!...

Montag, 13. Juli 2009, 15:18

KI-84 Hayate/Halinski

Great work, g force!!! A real joy to follow . If I’m not mistaken, you made the engine cowling detachable. Is that part of the kit or is it an ‘extra’?

Montag, 13. Juli 2009, 15:10

You are surely right about scanning, correcting and printing again, Eric. The fact is that I am all too lazy to modify kits to that extent However, I often add (hidden) parts to ease assembly. That was the case in the nose and the engine cowling. There was virtually no place to put glue on The laminated airscrew is an interesting idea but, again, the thick paper doesn't help. Each slice has front and back and gets very thick. I'd very much prefer to have single slices (not arranged in pairs) to ...

Freitag, 10. Juli 2009, 18:01

@ Eric - You got exactly to my point! It looks much better this way, doesn’t it? By the way, I think that this method also models better the real shape of the wing tip because the fabric, being in tension, tends to get straight between wing formers. Near the leading edge, the more marked streamwise curvature adds a nice 3D effect to the fabric shape but I guess that it can only be reasonably modelled by deforming the paper… Your Morane looks great I particularly like the rigging and the airscrew...

Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2009, 15:26

@ Tallyho - Oh dear! Thanks a lot for taking your time for translation The wing structure is interesting but I’m not completely happy because, spanwise, it is not very stiff. It fits very, very tightly inside the skin, too. I had to remove a bit, in order to put it all inside the skin. Another not very good solution is the large cut on the upper surface, near the wingtip. It allows the paper to be curved to simulate double curvature but wouldn’t it be possible to design the parts with cuts exact...

Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2009, 15:13

Opéra de Paris, palais Garnier/1:250/ L'Instant Durable [FERTIG]

You know how to interest me, John It is a 'one off' for ID, isn’t it? I have already assembled quite a few models from them, I have a few more waiting (but not this one) and it is the first time that I see this printed detail! Thanks for showing

Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009, 15:08

Hello Stephan, greetings from Portugal @ Tallyho - Well, my German has improved from a big bold zero to a slightly slimmer and smaller zero. Anyway, I got most of the history and let me thank you for taking your time to put it here. Regarding the Hiero engine, there it is I'll deal with the exhausts latter on, after gluing the engine to the fuselage.

Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009, 14:59

Hello John, I suspect that the broader tab at the top does a better job not because it overlaps the previous tab but because, being broader, gives a better gluing surface and makes assembly easier. We all know that an easy assembly has a better chance to be properly made than a difficult one. Something that the kit designers should always have in mind . In this case, as the dome is not pointed, the tabs near the top remain almost flat and there is no real problem in overlapping them. No doubt, y...

Dienstag, 7. Juli 2009, 15:16

@ Michael - thanks @ Zweispeer - please take a look here: [Fertig] BAC Lightning - Fly Model (1:33) It is where I started using rolled paper strips for the tyres. Please feel free to ask for details, if you want @ Norm - well, well, it would be a good companion to your Knoller =) The tail assembly is just a piece of cake. I used slim paper strips for the rudder actuator, instead of thread. It comes out straight more easily...

Dienstag, 7. Juli 2009, 15:08

John, why did you choose to replicate the shape of the printed tabs on the dome? I'd rather make them broader at the base, in order to get a bigger gluing surface. At the top, that would not be convenient because the tabs would overlap. In theory, the tab width at any point should, at most, be a bit less than slice width at that point. Half of it would glue under the previous slice and the other half under the following slice. With this geometry, the tabs would not overlap but, near the top, the...

Freitag, 3. Juli 2009, 15:10

The kit proposes to put a bit of wire inside all four legs of the landing gear. I decided to use a single, U-shaped, wire for the front two legs, in order to eliminate some degrees of freedom. Hopefully, the assembly will be sturdier. For the tyres, I used the usual rolled paper strips.