Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 1 000. Es gibt noch weitere Suchergebnisse, bitte verfeinern Sie Ihre Suche.

Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2015, 12:21

Forenbeitrag von: »Leif Ohlsson«

Etrich-Rumpler "Taube", Schreiber-Bogen, Maßstab 1:50 und Fiddlersgreen, Maßstab 1:42 -FERTIG-

Whenever I see your models displayed this way I get a reminder of how very small they are. All the more impressive to create that amount of good-looking details. - L.

Freitag, 17. Juli 2015, 19:21

Etrich-Rumpler "Taube", Schreiber-Bogen, Maßstab 1:50 und Fiddlersgreen, Maßstab 1:42 -FERTIG-

The Taube looks very good now. And thanks for all of your testing of different techniques. Very valuable for us all, I'm sure. Leif

Montag, 6. Juli 2015, 10:43

That is an ingenious method, Gustav! And many thanks for trying out the previously discussed method. Your new method seems extremely well thought out! Leif

Samstag, 27. Juni 2015, 12:21

You're really doing it! Great - hoped you might, but didn't dare expect it. So you got the idea then; didn't think I could describe it well enough in words. I'm very much looking forward to this and wish you all the best of luck! Here's a refinement: I guess the initial measure (trial cylinder inside the O-rings for measurement) should be an auxiliary layer, marking the measure of the rims + sewing thread. Let's call this "Layer 0", since it will not be part of the finished rims. The next layer ...

Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2015, 17:52

Thank you for the reflections & sketches! My thoughts go like this: Perhaps you could use a paper cylinder (one or several layers) which fits into the O-rings. You place two O-rings on the cylinder, several centimeters aparts. On the inside you place two provisional formers (round, not glued) slight inside the position of the O-rings. Shift the O-rings a bit apart, but keep them on the cyliner. Then sew through the paper cylinders to create the spokes. Shift the O-rings to cover the spokes, glue...

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2015, 18:54

It is good to see you making spoked wheels so well. Have you had any thoughts at all on how to construct spoked wheels out of rubber O-rings? (The kind used for various types of plumbing; they can be had in almost any diameter and thickness of material.) How would one go about making that? I've been thinking a lot about some method, but not tried it yet. Leif

Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2015, 17:52

Really good work on the control column details. What distinguishes a good modeler is the ability to spot useful material among all the stuff that is readily available. Your Taube looks really beautiful. The rib pattern is very convincing. Leif

Freitag, 5. Juni 2015, 10:59

Mercedes engines

Hello Gustav! That is a beautiful Mercedes engine you have built, as could be expected from your previous builds. For those that would like to follow your example, there is a free Mercedes engine to be had from the Propellerblatt.de site. See here. index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=510077 Mark Miller has a fine 3D-reproduction, useful for creating details. Good luck with the rest of your beautiful build! Leif

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015, 13:38

Bleriot Xlb 1:33 Download von Ecardmodel/Ladndad Models

The quality of your work on this model is excellent, as for exampel the wheels and the rigging. What have you used for rigging? And what method for the spoked wheels? I congratulate you on the decision to make the framework out of wood. I always thought that this kind of model both deserves and benefits from sticking close to the original method of construction. All that being said, don't you think, now at the end of it, that your effort would have deserved a better original to start with? I see...

Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2015, 12:18

Oriel - "der Kampfflieger"?

Just a question - is Oriel and "der Kampfflieger" the same company? Roman Vasilyev is obviously the designer of the UT-1, as can be seen from the 1/32 download version also available (for example from Ecardmodels). I have both versions (a scan of your printed 1/33 version, and a purchased 1/32 download copy). The same mistake occurs in the download version, although parts there are better laid out: index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=497564 I'm grateful to you for pointing out this mistake. A...

Montag, 12. Januar 2015, 17:04

León Levasseurs Antoinette VII von 1909, Fiddlersgreen, Maßstab 1:40 - FERTIG-

Congratulations on finishing this build in style! It has been a pleasure to follow your meticulous work. Very nice daylight photos. ... and I will remember that the wire insulation rim method might not be that good after all. Thanks! Leif

Samstag, 10. Januar 2015, 22:53

Thanks for the source. Have you noticed this one about Marie Marvingt: "On 8 November 1910 Marvingt became the third woman in the world licenced as an aeroplane pilot, the second Frenchwoman after Raymonde de Laroche, and the only woman ever licenced in the difficult to fly Antoinette monoplane. In her first 900 flights she never "broke wood" in a crash, a record unequalled at that time. She participated in many airshows and in December 1910, while competing in Turin for the Coupe Femina (Femina...

Sonntag, 4. Januar 2015, 21:29

One of these days I got to try something like that... -L [PS. By the way, you seem to have fixed the whitepoint of your camera. Good job!]

Freitag, 2. Januar 2015, 22:20

Great to see a spoked wheel being built, following Eric Goedkoop's recipy. You're taking it slow and easy - good for you (and us), Gustav! - L.

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2014, 13:22

Got it! 120 is strength/thickness of some kind, 2 is number of threads. Now that I know the number of threads, the choice of this number seems very appropriate when studying the photos. The close-ups of the top rigging are particularly stunning and beautiful. - L.

Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2014, 11:16

Lovely looking rigging, all of it. (And of course you were already aware of the various ways of attaching rigging thread to the parts. Stupid me . Hopefully someone not so experienced might get an idea...) I looked up "Serafil", and found out it is "continuous polyester filament", and that it is good for "shoes and decorative seams". Sounds good. But what does the "120/2" signify? -L.

Freitag, 26. Dezember 2014, 20:01

Beautiful work, and a fine report on how to do accomplish it. On the original the rudder wires, as you say, continue uninterupted to the pedals. Therefore there is a small oval cut out in the fabric cover, to allow for the slight side movement of the wires. There is a good way to replicate this, but it requires planning well ahead. You can glue long strips of control wires for the rudder on the inside of the cover part, continuing forwards so to speak, while sticking out from the top and sides w...

Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2014, 08:11

You are really doing wonders with this model and all its frail struts & details. Good work! Fröhliche Weihnachten! - L.