Independence Hall - Philadelphia

• While browsing through The Paper Model Store online, I came upon a model in the 'out of print' section that I instantly recognized. In 1976, The United States must have commissioned a series of buildings to celebrate the American Bicentennial. I bought the paper model kit 'Independence Hall' in the Williamsburg gift shop that year. It was advertised as an Official Model Kit of the Bicentennial Collection.

When I built it, I knew nothing of the finer points of card modelling. Edge colouring? Time has not been kind to this model. I contemplated throwing it out years ago.

After this posting, it will be returned to a high closet shelf to begin collecting dust again.

John

• Hello John,
    You've built a fine model. Colouring the edges? Don't worry. Weathe r and time colour the original house. So it is to be seen here.

with the best regards

modellschiff

Artikel 1 GG:

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar.

Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt

• John, I would build a box and treat it as the piece of card modeling history it is. I still have some of my card models from the early Eighties, no edge colouring to be seen! :]

best regards
    mit herzlichen grussen

Fred

In Build:
    Panzerkreuzer Infanta Maria Teresa

• Hi royaloakmin
    so I think too. And this is absolutely correct. You don't change an oldtime car into an modern one. Your proud of Your oldie. And this is true to our models we've built in former times.

with the best regards
    modellschiff

Artikel 1 GG:

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar.

Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt