[help] galleas 'Karl und Marie'

• hello,

at Koga forum we have started quite unique, I think, project of virtual, modelling studio. our goal is to start from a scratch and build a wooden model of german galleas 'Karl und Marie'. it was a typical german galleas, built ca. 1880 in Bremen, and sailed on Baltic sea.

the first step is to prepare more detailed plans and assembly drawings. so, we are urgently looking for any information about this ship.

for sure, I know ther was an east german magazine 'Modellbau Heute' and in an issue no. 7/1981 there was an article about this ship. maybe anyone have this? it would be really great help...

the next step is to build this model, of course. the more, our goal is to start an on-line course of modelling! and everyone is invited! you have to speak polish, only...

I know, this is a cardboard modelling forum, but the problem of good source plan is common for modellers ;). I hope someone has something in his/her archives!

with regards, jerry_bee

Im Koga-Forum haben wir ein, wie ich denke, ziemlich einzigartiges Projekt gestartet - ein virtuelles Modellbau-Studio. Unser Ziel ist, bei Null zu starten und ein Holzmodell der Deutschen Galeasse "Karl und Marie" zu bauen. Das Schiff war eine typische Deutsche Galeasse, ca. 1880 in Bremen gebaut. Es befuhr die Ostsee.

Der erste Schritt ist, detaillierte Pläne und Bauzeichnungen zu fertigen - daher suchen wir dringend nach Informationen über dieses Schiff.

Ich weiß, das es eine Ostdeutsche Zeitschrift "Modellbau Heute" gab, in deren Ausgabe 7/1981 ein Artikel über dieses Schiff war. Hat vielleicht jemand dieses Heft? Das wäre eine große Hilfe.

Der nächste Schritt ist dann der Bau des Modells. Wir wollen darüberhinaus einen Online-Kurs über Modellbau starten und jeder ist eingeladen. Allerdings müßt ihr Polnisch sprechen...

Ich weiß, dies ist ein Kartonmodellbau-Forum, aber das Problem der Suche nach guten Unterlagen ist das Gleiche bei jeder Art von Modellbau. Ich hoffe jemand hat etwas in ihrem/seinem Archiv.

• Hallo jerry bee,
    kann Dir da weiterhelfen, hatte in den 1980igern, diese Galeasse in Karton gefertigt. Die verblichene Flagge (rot nicht mehr erkennbar)
    zeigt das Alter an

I can help you. I have build this ship from cardboard in the 80's. The faint colors on the flag (it was red) shows the age...

Images

Die letzten Arbeiten: Lotsenversetzboot Frya, Antonow AN 10, Saporoshez SAS 966, Werftkran, Bunkerboot, MS Schwerin, MS Vasoula, Fregatte Berlin, FLB 40-3, Forschungsschiff Valdivia, MV Estvard Dana, Trimaran FOB TRIM, L-60 Brigadyr, MS Stralsund, Dampfer Imperator, Tauchboot TRIESTE, Fähre Loch Fyne

In Arbeit: ?

• Kann Dir folgende Unterlagen bereit stellen:
    die Rückseite besagter MBH

I can provide you with these materials:

The back of the "Modellbau Heute"

Images

Die letzten Arbeiten: Lotsenversetzboot Frya, Antonow AN 10, Saporoshez SAS 966, Werftkran, Bunkerboot, MS Schwerin, MS Vasoula, Fregatte Berlin, FLB 40-3, Forschungsschiff Valdivia, MV Estvard Dana, Trimaran FOB TRIM, L-60 Brigadyr, MS Stralsund, Dampfer Imperator, Tauchboot TRIESTE, Fähre Loch Fyne

• Die Vorderseite des Bauplanes

The front - the plan

Images

• und die Rückseite,

and the back of the plan

Images

• Eigentlich alles, was Du brauchst.
    Das gesamte Heft habe ich leider nicht mehr, weil ich nur das für mich Interessante aufgehoben habe.
    Wenn Du mit den Unterlagen was anfangen kannst, kann ich sie kopieren und Dir zusenden.
    Bei Interesse schicke mir bitte eine PN, wohin das Ganze gehen soll.

This should be all you need. Unfortunately, I don't have the complete magazine anymore - I only kept the parts that are interesting to me. If you think you can use the documents I showed, I can copy and send them to you. If you are interested, please send me a PN with your address.

• Herbert,
    thank you very much! you know, you have helped us a lot! I'm sorry I haven't replied earlier but we have just started our project and we still have a lot to do.
    now we have sufficent plans and drawings, but maybe anyone has any pictures or info of the original ship?

with best regards, jerry_bee