Hello. I need advise

• I was referred to this forum by a member of another one that I am a member of; Harald over at the warship projects board. http://www.phpbbplanet.com/for…mp;mforum=warshipprojects

I have no experience with paper models but I do have a lot experience with the plastic one, and thought that the instructions would be clear enough on how to build them.....

Not so much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated so that I can start putting these together. I am going to scan the units into my compute and print out the card stock to build the model so that if I screw it up I am not out anything but some paper and ink.

• Thank you for the welcome.

Yeah.. I have come to find out that the two are truly separate universes! The instructions for one are nowhere near as clear.. Give me a couple of pictures and I can puzzle it out even if the instructions are written in Japanese. But write them out without a picture? And all of sudden I feel like I have lost a few dozen IQ points.

I have the following models:

JSC: Gneisenau in 1:400 scale. This is a 2 model version, one version is as built and the other is upgraded with the larger guns. Supposedly you can build one of each from it.

JSC H-39 in 1:400 scale. And a JSC Tre Kronor CA in 1:400 scale.

I figured it would give me the maximum amount of flexibility if I wanted to play around with "kit bashing" to have all the guns in the same scale.

• Thank you that will help a bit. The big problem I have is knowing which direction the tabs are supposed to fold.

I would not have even thought of trying a paper model if I did not have a scanner! You older hands that have been doing it for a while must have the hands of a surgeon!

Original von bobtdwarf
    Thank you that will help a bit. The big problem I have is knowing which direction the tabs are supposed to fold.

Bob, there should be a line code printed on the folding line of the tabs.

Something like - - - - = fold up and -.-.-.-.- = fold down (it might be vice versa, but you get the picture).

Michael

Original von Michael Urban

Bob, there should be a line code printed on the folding line of the tabs.

Something like - - - - = fold up and -.-.-.-.- = fold down (it might be vice versa, but you get the picture).

:nono: Not with JSC :D

At this kit, at the framework parts you will have the choice:

I scored the lines and folded in the most easy way: printed sides on 4, 5 , 6 et cetera on the inside, the sidetabs on these frameparts folded in the "opposite" direction.

Generally the tabs are marked with X in new JSC kits when they should be folded to the "inside" of the printing. In older kits: follow the instructions. In this kit I did not met up till now "contra"-tabs.

To mark the positions for the frameparts I use this type of needle, the inner, white, deck has the printed side on top. Also the inner hulls are pierced to mark the positions of the frames. an optional measure. Do not forget to addton the armour an additional strip to obtain the right thickness and height. On the upper of the armour you see a thin line which makes the angle to the hull of the armour. The height for the armour is up till the line.

I will start the tranlation in the building report today,

groetjes,
    Gert