Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

bobtdwarf

Schüler

• »bobtdwarf« ist männlich
  • »bobtdwarf« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Dezember 2007

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007, 07:33

Hello. I need advise

I was referred to this forum by a member of another one that I am a member of; Harald over at the warship projects board. http://www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/viewtop…warshipprojects

I have no experience with paper models but I do have a lot experience with the plastic one, and thought that the instructions would be clear enough on how to build them.....

Not so much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated so that I can start putting these together. I am going to scan the units into my compute and print out the card stock to build the model so that if I screw it up I am not out anything but some paper and ink.

Michael Urban

Erleuchteter

Registrierungsdatum: 10. Oktober 2005

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007, 09:10

Bob,

you might want to refer to this article:

Ein Schiffsrumpf entsteht - von Anfang an ...

It shows step by step how to build a cardmodel ship hull. Texts are in English as well as in German.

HTH
Michael

bobtdwarf

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007, 23:58

Zitat

Originally posted by Jörg Schulze
Hi Bob,

first of all, welcome to our community.

But now, what is your intended project in cardboard. A Ship indeed, but which one ? Your link just show us the forum entrance, not a specific project.

Very important: Cardboard and plastic models are different worlds, no let´s say different universes. Experience in plastic is not a gurantee for successful working in cardboard.

regards,

Jörg

Thank you for the welcome.

Yeah.. I have come to find out that the two are truly separate universes! The instructions for one are nowhere near as clear.. Give me a couple of pictures and I can puzzle it out even if the instructions are written in Japanese. But write them out without a picture? And all of sudden I feel like I have lost a few dozen IQ points.

I have the following models:

JSC: Gneisenau in 1:400 scale. This is a 2 model version, one version is as built and the other is upgraded with the larger guns. Supposedly you can build one of each from it.

JSC H-39 in 1:400 scale. And a JSC Tre Kronor CA in 1:400 scale.

I figured it would give me the maximum amount of flexibility if I wanted to play around with "kit bashing" to have all the guns in the same scale.

bobtdwarf

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007, 00:08

Zitat

Originally posted by Michael Urban
Bob,

you might want to refer to this article:

Ein Schiffsrumpf entsteht - von Anfang an ...

It shows step by step how to build a cardmodel ship hull. Texts are in English as well as in German.

HTH
Michael

Thank you that will help a bit. The big problem I have is knowing which direction the tabs are supposed to fold.

I would not have even thought of trying a paper model if I did not have a scanner! You older hands that have been doing it for a while must have the hands of a surgeon!

eskatee

Erleuchteter

• »eskatee« ist männlich
  • »eskatee« wurde gesperrt

Registrierungsdatum: 12. März 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007, 00:49

Hoi Bob,

I will translate the essential texts in German in the multiple building report into English in blue. I will finish my report on Gneisenau this Winter. You can find the report here:

Gemeinsamer Baubericht Schlachtschiff Gneisenau JSC Nr.72 1:400

It would be great fun when you will join this report catching up,

Kind Regards from the Netherlands,
Gert
Kartonbau.de dein Forum!
Kartonbau.de It's Yours!
Kartonbau.de Jouw Forum!

Michael Urban

Erleuchteter

Registrierungsdatum: 10. Oktober 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007, 07:41

Zitat

Original von bobtdwarf
Thank you that will help a bit. The big problem I have is knowing which direction the tabs are supposed to fold.

Bob, there should be a line code printed on the folding line of the tabs.

Something like - - - - = fold up and -.-.-.-.- = fold down (it might be vice versa, but you get the picture).

Michael

eskatee

Erleuchteter

• »eskatee« ist männlich
  • »eskatee« wurde gesperrt

Registrierungsdatum: 12. März 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007, 09:33

Zitat

Original von Michael Urban

Zitat

Original von bobtdwarf

Bob, there should be a line code printed on the folding line of the tabs.

Something like - - - - = fold up and -.-.-.-.- = fold down (it might be vice versa, but you get the picture).

:nono: Not with JSC :D

At this kit, at the framework parts you will have the choice:

I scored the lines and folded in the most easy way: printed sides on 4, 5 , 6 et cetera on the inside, the sidetabs on these frameparts folded in the "opposite" direction.

Generally the tabs are marked with X in new JSC kits when they should be folded to the "inside" of the printing. In older kits: follow the instructions. In this kit I did not met up till now "contra"-tabs.

To mark the positions for the frameparts I use this type of needle, the inner, white, deck has the printed side on top. Also the inner hulls are pierced to mark the positions of the frames. an optional measure. Do not forget to addton the armour an additional strip to obtain the right thickness and height. On the upper of the armour you see a thin line which makes the angle to the hull of the armour. The height for the armour is up till the line.

I will start the tranlation in the building report today,

groetjes,
Gert
»eskatee« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • DSC02600.jpg
Kartonbau.de dein Forum!
Kartonbau.de It's Yours!
Kartonbau.de Jouw Forum!

Social Bookmarks