Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

pawell

Fortgeschrittener

• »pawell« ist männlich
  • »pawell« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 28. Dezember 2005

Beruf: civil engineer

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 23. März 2006, 20:15

Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIb (1:33), Orlik nr. 013

Hi kartonists,
today i've received Hawker Hurricane from Orlik publishing house.

This well known plane is done with attractive soviet camo scheme in Orlik version; it's the airplane of pilot officer Ivan Babanin from 609th IAP, which was shot down by finnish AAA in may 1942.

The kit consists of 6xA4 pages with colour print on heavy paper, 3xA4 pages with colour and b&w print on cca 80 g/m2 paper, 4xA4 of assembly drawings and about one page of model info and assembly instructions in polish (there's an english translation on Orlik's webpage).
I have to say i was surprised with how it all looks - the quality of print and paper is outstanding and the overall graphics design looks great as well - compared to Hurricane from Halinsky, Orlik's kit looks a bit less realistic, but it's mostly because there's no weathering printed on the kit. The weakest link is the quality of assembly drawings, which remind me of old Fly Model kits, but they still retain their informative value.

P.

Burn the land and boil the sea
You can’t take the sky from me

TAD

Fortgeschrittener

• »TAD« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 26. September 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. März 2006, 00:07

Hi Pawell,
thank you - interesting presentation. Much better comparing to all those boring "frichs ausgepackt" saying nothing about the kit. Just showing the scans isn't enough to be interesting thread.
Regards,
TAD
Nothing hurts like a life...

Freitag, 24. März 2006, 00:29

Hello, Pawell,

thank you for your presentation! This is a very interesting kit; nice color scheme and it looks well detailed with 6 A4 sheets.

There is from my point of view just one problem - I prefer modern airplanes ;-) Nevertheless I look already forward to see here a nice and detailed construction report.

The Orlik kits I've seen until now show all very nice airplanes and a good quality - good to have her a rather new publisher with very attractive and rather rare kits among all the longer existing publishers!

Rutz
Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

pawell

Fortgeschrittener

• »pawell« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. März 2006, 01:47

hi kartonists,
i've decided this will be the model to fill the gap before i finish the Polikarpov I-16 reskin; i'll do my best to make the construction report as interesting and informative as possible. i had some doubts about buying Orlik kit, since i had no previous experience with this publishing house, but now i have to say i don't regret it at all, because the kit looks very well indeed. well we'll se more as soon as i'll try to build it... ;)
P.

missy mouse

Schüler

• »missy mouse« ist weiblich

Registrierungsdatum: 11. November 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. März 2006, 09:42

allo, i started on the orlik XP-55 ascender with the draf model laser cut frames and i'm actualy stopping construction because the skins are to large for the frames and before frame assembly i compaired the laser cut frame parts to the ones in the kit and are the same size and are exact to the ones with the kit and right now the fuselage skins are to oversize even for a remotly good fit. on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being bad and 10 being good, the kit is a 3 bordering on a 4 mainly because of the detail. but i wish you good luck with the hawker and i hope that the ill-fitting skins are just on the ascender.

TAD

Fortgeschrittener

• »TAD« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 26. September 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. März 2006, 17:58

Hi,
Missy M. - J'm sorry to hear that you have encountered such a problem (especially those lasser cut items should be right...). J know that planes from Orlik sometimes have mistakes, but on the other hand J saw a lot of Orlik planes made very well. And Hurricane is one of the best example of Orlik's resonably high skills - it's much more interesting kit than this one from AH which I actually build, and will be one of my next (photos from one of the polish contest - I didn't make them):

Regards,
TAD
Nothing hurts like a life...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »TAD« (24. März 2006, 19:40)

pawell

Fortgeschrittener

• »pawell« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. März 2006, 19:16

hi tad,
thank you for the photos - i guess they could be helpfull soon :)
P.

Social Bookmarks