Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male
  • "Hi-Torque" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 6th 2010

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 5:31pm

Hamburger Hafen Diorama /HMV/1:250 [FERTIG]

Hello Friends,

I have long been fascinated with dioramas and little "scenes" that tell a story. The Hamburger Hafen Diorama from HMV I find particularly interesting as it captures perfectly a snapshot of a time long gone by. True, today shipping still continues on a vast scale via container and to a lesser degree bulk raw materials. However to me, there is a certain "romance" in this era that is absent today.

In those years, a ship might spend a week or more in transit to and from exotic ports of call returning with fruits, rubber, teak and all manner of goods that today are simply picked up on a quick trip to Rewe or Globus. Another point that interests me about this era is the huge differences in the workforce. Today's automation and computerization have reduced the number of jobs by the hundreds and thousands. For example, I work as a Flight Engineer on 747 freighters. A crew of 5 to operate the aircraft and a crew of perhaps 10 porters on the ground to uplift and offload the freight...and we can make a South America to Europe trip in 9 hours transporting nearly the same tonnage as the Schwann.

I have read with great interest the construction reports of members Wolfgang Lemm, Volkmar Adler, Lars W., and others. I wish to take a moment here and thank them and the other members for their help and assistance. In all my years of communicating on the internet (going all the way back to the BBS days!) the folks at Kartonbau.de are by far the friendliest and most helpful. I will not bore you with details they have covered in loving and exacting detail. But I will show features that I am going to add or complete in a manner that differs from the original kit instructions.

In any case, thank you for reading this far, and now on to the construction: From the research I've done, Mr. Peter Brandt ( Piet), did an amazing job of capturing the smallest details in this kit. I will attach some historical pictures I've found (which apologies, to the German members, I'm sure you are all aware of them) as we go along to illustrate how faithfully the scene is depicted and to show further details I wish to add.

Below, please see the original pristine, beautiful kit and some historical advertising images. The Hamburg3 image is from the collection of Mr. Thomas Nosske which has a wealth of documents, images and information on the Die Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft and this era. His website is an important reference for the Hafenbahn and the Güterwagen. The ShellHamburg image is from the collection of David Levine another source of the beautiful and stylish art of this era. Lastly, Hamburg1 thru 5, are scans of original antique postcards I have collected from various shops in my travels throughout the beautiful towns of Germany. I find the postcards particularly fascinating as I feel like I can actually touch a small part of the Hamburger Hafen.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Hi-Torque has attached the following images:
  • DSCF2040.jpg
  • Hamburg3_Epoch_II.jpg
  • ShellHamburg1_1937.jpg
  • Hamburg1.jpg
  • Hamburg2.jpg
  • Hamburg_3.jpg
  • Hamburg_4.jpg
  • Hamburg_5.jpg
  • 297_3833_lagerschuppen_kaischuppen.jpg

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Oct 3rd 2012, 7:44pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 5:59pm

One of the things that struck me when I first discovered this model was possibility of detailing the interior and exterior of the warehouse.

I plan on starting with the warehouse and extending it approximately 12cm to the right. This will give me a larger interior space to work with and coincidentally allow room for a third crane.

In the attached photos, I wish to point out the beam that supports the upper track of the cranes. I will build a similar version replacing the simpler box type construction included with the original kit.

Furthermore, as I wish to show the interior of the warehouse, please note the beam and timber construction. I will attempt to reproduce this as best as possible.
  • 454_06_historischer_hafen_arbeit.jpg
  • 490_061_80_hamburger-hafen-lagerschuppen.jpg

• "modellschiff" is male

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2006

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 6:45pm

Hello Hi Torque,
should You come to Hamburg it is a must to visit the Museum der Arbeit, Australienkai, House#52 southern part of the harbour. All the tools the habour labourer needed are to bee seen. The musuem is a cornucopia .

With the best regards
Ulrich

Pitje

Sage

• "Pitje" is male

Date of registration: Jan 30th 2010

Occupation: Tandemmaster, Fallschirmsprunglehrer, Fallschirmwart, Vermessungsinscheniör

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 10:05pm

Hi Cris,

I wish you a lot of fun with building that diorama.

I have no experience in building dioramas, like the harbor of Hamburg, but in building my model railroad i'm following the same ideas and ages as you do. For me its also the more interesting time concerning traffic, trade and technology.

Regards

Peter
Parallel im Bau:
Großlinienschiff S.M.S. Baden , HMV, 1:250
Hafenanlage Neu-Ulm , diverse Verlage, 1:250

SK THEODOR HEUSS , Kontrollbau Fritz Pohl, 1:250

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pitje" (Feb 26th 2011, 10:06pm)

René Pinos

• "René Pinos" is male

Date of registration: Nov 6th 2005

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:11pm

Hi Cris,

Many Thannks for the link to www.hamburger-fotoarchiv.de. Yes, it is offtopic, but my father hired in the 1920ies on a Russian dynamite freighter as a fireman. It is the first time to get an impression what he saw more than eighty years ago.

So good luck for you plans to extend the diorama. I put this thread it to my favorites.

Kind Regards
rené
...die geistige Heimat des Wieners zumal, ist das Ungefähre! [Zitat GUNKL]

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:56pm

Hello Friends,

I have this evening began construction of the upper crane beam which I mention above, by laminating sheets of 200g paper together and setting aside to dry. So, we are off like "a herd of turtles"!

@Modellschiff: Thank you for the suggestions, my wife and I would very much enjoy a trip to Hamburg. I hope that we can visit both Hamburg and the Bremen areas this spring and summer.

@Pitje: Thank you for the well wishes, What scale is your modellbahn? Years ago I used to enjoy a small N scale layout.

@René: Your certainly welcome! That is fascinating about your father, I wish I could have heard some of his tales. What were some of his ports of call? I hope I can keep you entertained :) Oh, and in regards to offtopic, as the Hafen Diorama encompasses Ships, Trains, Cars, Trucks, Zeppelins and Aircraft (they are there, we just have to look up) I do not think we will have any trouble staying on topic.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Feb 27th 2011, 12:00am)

Pitje

Sage

• "Pitje" is male

Occupation: Tandemmaster, Fallschirmsprunglehrer, Fallschirmwart, Vermessungsinscheniör

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 1:31pm

Hello again,

Quoted

Original von Hi-Torque:
What scale is your modellbahn? Years ago I used to enjoy a small N scale layout.

my model railroad is H0, which is the scale 1:87. My railroad is from Märklin.
Unfortunately i don't have the storage for ships of this scale, so i build them in 1:250. :)

Nevertheless I have the vision to build a harbor with a ferry terminal for a train ferry, so i will upscale a model to 1:87. The idea is to use this item for the entrance to the train depot, which in german is called "Schattenbahnhof".

Due to the fact, that we have renovated our house since July 2010 it is packed somewhere in the basement. But soon i will begin the reconstruction in my new hobby room. :D :D

Regards

Peter
Parallel im Bau:

• "Lars W." is male

Date of registration: Dec 16th 2007

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 4:13pm

Hi Cris,

i'm always fascinated by people who start a diorama. And the Hamburger Hafen 1930 from HMV is a true favorite of mine. You already found many suggestions, ideas and techniques in this forum, and i'm sure many new ones will develop in your thread.
Building the diorama was so much fun, i hope you'll also like it ;)

Let's get started, my friend =)

Looking forward to updates here!

Kind regards

Lars
"The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe, the loud ones only take the credit."
Fertig gestellt: Forschungsschiff "Maria S. Merian"
Fertig gestellt: Seeschlepper "Vulkan"
Fertig gestellt: Notschlepper "Nordic"
Fertig gestellt: Troßschiff "Altmark" im Schwimmdock
Bis auf weiteres ruhend: Fracht- und Fahrgastschiff "Santa Inés"
Kontrollbau fertig gestellt: Feederschiff "OPDR Lisboa"

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Monday, February 28th 2011, 12:40pm

Hello Friends,

So we have left the Schwimmdock for the moment and picked up our carpentry and masonry tools. Fortunately, the Port Authority has granted our request for an extension to the warehouse (lager?) as we expect increased freight.

Below I've built the upper section of the facade. You can also see the temporary template I made to help me adjust the parts for the new length. As I plan on leaving the right side and back wall open to show the interior, I have laminated the card to 1.5mm karton for strength.

I debated long and hard about cutting out the windows but choose to put my limited time toward detailing the interior and took the easy way out by installing foile. However, much respect to those that have cut each pane!

@Lars: Thank you my friend for your encouragement and help! I look forward to much discussion as I get into the thick of things.

That's all for this week friends, until next weekend.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • Hafen1.jpg
  • Hafen2.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Feb 28th 2011, 12:48pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 5:53pm

Hello Friends,

I've accomplished a little more these last couple of days. As you can see from the reference photos below, I've tried to duplicate the structure of the crane support beam and add a little relief to the facade.
  • 485_54_alte-arbeitsfotos-hamburger-hafen.jpg
  • 486_585_bilder-geschichte-hafen-hamburg.jpg
  • DSCF2077.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Mar 17th 2011, 6:03pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 6:05pm

Completing the beam:
  • DSCF2076.jpg
  • DSCF2078.jpg
  • DSCF2079.jpg

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 6:07pm

And adding the doors:
  • DSCF2080.jpg
  • DSCF2081.jpg

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Monday, March 21st 2011, 1:56pm

Hello Friends,

As the dredging of the harbor extension is complete and we have begun construction of the actual quay foundation. I chose 1mm cardboard to build the base and formers. As I am somewhat lazy, I used 2x2mm balsa wood for stiffeners and glue tabs. Next, I will lay the track.

I hope the weather is as beautiful for all of you as it is here in Schkeuditz. Its almost spring!

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2082.jpg
  • DSCF2083.jpg

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 6:33pm

Hello Friends,

Today we completed laying the track for the Hafenbahn. I used Z scale track, I was hoping to have the top of the track flush with the upper surface of the quay but, as you can see a slight miscalculation.

Now that the rail is finished, we expect deliveries of timber to begin framing of the lager.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2084.jpg
  • DSCF2085.jpg
  • DSCF2086.jpg

• "Wolfgang Lemm" is male

Date of registration: Dec 4th 2005

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 9:18am

Hi Cris,

That's what I'd call a good idea - to use z-scale rails for the track! You might even consider to operate a model train here one day ...
All in all your build looks very promising, with just the right portion of "Superung". Looking forward to your further progress!

Cheers .... Wolfgang

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 11:46pm

Hello Friends,

@Wolfgang: Thank you for your compliments. I followed your harbour build with great interest (As I am now with the Gateway).

So we have received our first shipment of timber and the carpenters have begun framing the warehouse.

Sadly, I return to work tomorrow so we will have a baupause for a couple of weeks.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • 487_409_fotos-geschichte-hafen-hamburg.jpg
  • DSCF2087.jpg
  • DSCF2088.jpg

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 6:30pm

Hello Friends,

I am traveling on business, so no further construction. However, I wanted to share with you some interesting links I found regarding Hamburgs history and shipping in the late 1920's and early 1930's.

1. All about Ships 1912. Discusses among other things, cargo handling and has many interesting drawings. http://books.google.com/books?id=vZVDAAA…epage&q&f=false

2. Schiffbau, Schiffahrt und Hafenbau 1903. Discusses Harbor and Ship Contruction methods. http://books.google.com/books?id=jYvlAAA…epage&q&f=false

3. The Nautical Gazette 1921. A weekly shipping magazine. With fascinating advertisements and news articles. http://books.google.com/books?id=Uqg5AQA…epage&q&f=false

4. The Port of Hamburg. http://www.lexikus.de/The-Port-of-Hamburg

5. Germany a General and Regional Geography. Discusses the growth and construction of the various German ports and the economic impacts. http://books.google.com/books?id=0bg9AAA…epage&q&f=false

All of the above should be interesting to history enthusiasts and anyone interested specifically in this era.

Kind Regards,

Cris

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Mar 29th 2011, 6:30pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 1:23am

Hello Friends,

Continuing with reference links, here are two sites that have some nice model (1:100) pictures of the Schwan: http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/1074…sembly_Kit.html and http://detail.en.china.cn/provide/detail,1094115133.html

Regards,

Cris

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 12:26am

Hello Friends,

Some progress on framing the first level of the warehouse:
  • DSCF2091.jpg
  • DSCF2120.jpg
  • DSCF2096.jpg
  • DSCF2097.jpg

• "modellschiff" is male

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 11:58am

Hello Hi -Torque,
is it right, Your frameworks consists out of tiny pieces of timber?
In the same manner I constructed the roof of the railway platform of the Kolumbus Kaje (HMV9.
It is a lot of work but it's worthwhile.

With the best regards
Ulrich

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 1:11am

Hello Friends,

Thanks to a herculean effort on the carpenters, the framing of the warehouse is complete. The painters still have quite a lot of touch-up to do though. Additionally, the roofers have begun the first steps of laying the roof.

@modellschiff: yes that's 2x2mm bass wood. The other pieces are small pieces of karton. I am following your Roko hafen module report quite closely. I have not ordered mine yet :(

The Bremen and the Columbuskaje were the first two models I bought from HMV. I really look forward to starting that project someday! However, I do not see any pictures of yours? Could you please direct me to them?

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2122.jpg
  • DSCF2126.jpg
  • DSCF2128.jpg
  • DSCF2130.jpg
  • DSCF2133.jpg
  • DSCF2134.jpg

• "Lars W." is male

Date of registration: Dec 16th 2007

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 9:14am

Hey Cris,

very fascinating, your wooden framework. It looks really convincing. Do you plan to leave the warehouse backside"open" so one can see the interior?
I didn't do that with my diorama and my "framework" (nothing compared to yours!) can't be seen anymore even though i cut out all the windows...
So please, leave it open, so your efforts won't be in vain ;)

Thank you so much for the links concerning this era, they're much appreciated.

Looking forward to further updates.

Kind regards

Lars
"The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe, the loud ones only take the credit."
Fertig gestellt: Forschungsschiff "Maria S. Merian"
Fertig gestellt: Seeschlepper "Vulkan"
Fertig gestellt: Notschlepper "Nordic"
Fertig gestellt: Troßschiff "Altmark" im Schwimmdock
Bis auf weiteres ruhend: Fracht- und Fahrgastschiff "Santa Inés"
Kontrollbau fertig gestellt: Feederschiff "OPDR Lisboa"

• "modellschiff" is male

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 2:09pm

Hi Chris,
give my some
time and I will take pictures of my Kolumbuskaje.

Best regards

Ulrich

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Monday, April 25th 2011, 9:38pm

Hello Friends,

I hope everyone is enjoying a pleasant Easter with their families. After a short holiday in Prague and Dresden where they picked up even more work, the construction workers are back on the job. The electricians have installed interior lighting and the painters have finished up.

@ Lars: Thank you for the compliment! I tried very hard to duplicate the framing as it appears in the reference photos. For some reason, it is proving difficult to capture a picture of the framing in a satisfactory way...all of the pictures look terrible! But, in comparing the two dioramas, did you not build an entire mountain side to finish yours? :D I do plan on leaving the side and back off (that's part of the reason I choose wood, to provide support) so that I can show as much detail as possible. I have so many ideas for the cargo!

@ Ulrich: Thank you, I look forward to seeing them!

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2138.jpg
  • DSCF2140.jpg
  • DSCF2142.jpg
  • IMG_6163.jpg
  • IMG_6498s.jpg
  • DSCF2158.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Apr 25th 2011, 9:51pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Monday, April 25th 2011, 9:44pm

Thanks to my wife who made the signs, the longshoremen now know where to put each lot of freight:
  • DSCF2145.jpg
  • DSCF2146.jpg
  • DSCF2147.jpg
  • DSCF2148.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Apr 25th 2011, 9:46pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Monday, April 25th 2011, 9:51pm

The roofers have also completed the lower level roof. Note the sizes of the original roofs compared to the current ones:
  • DSCF2159.jpg
  • DSCF2160.jpg
  • DSCF2162.jpg
  • DSCF2163.jpg
  • DSCF2165.jpg

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 1:25pm

Hello Friends,

More poor pictures showing the completion of the roof and the installation of the rain gutters.

Best Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2169.jpg
  • DSCF2173.jpg
  • DSCF2175.jpg
  • DSCF2177.jpg
  • DSCF2180.jpg
  • DSCF2181.jpg

• "modellschiff" is male

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 1:56pm

Hello Chris,
don't hide Your light under a bushel. Your timberwork and Your pictures aren't poor but they are acme work.
Congratulations says
Ulrich

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "modellschiff" (Apr 28th 2011, 1:58pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 10:57pm

Hello Friends,

After a long labour dispute, (the Port Authority had to labour elsewhere) work on the Hafen has resumed.

Friends, we have been hearing reports that a young upstart shipping company is making preparations to open a port in the far future.

Using the previously undisclosed ability to time travel, the Port Authority has sent its fleet of Triebflügeljäger far in the future to observe, least the Freeport of Hamburg lose any fees or tarifs. We have feverishly begun erecting our own "fighting" equipment.

However, based on our scouts report, any future in which they would paint their shipping in such colors are no economic threat. :D

@ Ulrich: Thank you for the praise and kind words, they mean a great deal to me, thank you!

First, a few more detail pictures from hamburger-fotoarchiv.de and then the current construction status will follow shortly.

Friendly Regards,

Cris
  • 473_192_fruchtladung_loeschen.jpg
  • 609_675a_gueterumschlag_grasbrookhafen-dalmannkai.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (May 14th 2011, 11:01pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 11:23pm

Hi Friends,

I was a little worried about the fit of the cranes due to my building the support beam from scratch, modifying the paved area to accommodate the track I laid, and using additional track for the cranes to run on. I built a template to ensure I was putting the track in the correct position. Thankfully, these fears were unfounded (at least according to my abilities).

The semi-portal cranes also mark the first use of the Lasercut parts. As you can see, getting a color match on the crane support structure was only partially successful. However, the fit was excellent. I must admit though, I am puzzled why Benjamin choose to portray the large "X" support at the front of the crane at the expense of say the cross bracing at each wheel truck or say the boom base on top of the machinery house.

I will make every effort to capture better pictures using daylight tommorow.

Kind regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2185.jpg
  • DSCF2184.jpg
  • DSCF2187.jpg
  • DSCF2188.jpg
  • DSCF2189.jpg
  • DSCF2193.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (May 14th 2011, 11:24pm)

Ehemaliges Mitglied SL48

Unregistered

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 10:04am

Hello Hi-Torque,
as you see I've found it. And this really is a great great work you are doing and showing to us. Keep on this way !
Kurt
P.S.: I thought you to have a special thread concerning generally harbours

Pitje

Sage

• "Pitje" is male

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 10:45am

Hi Cris,
in comparison with your historical pictures you are very close to the original. Especially the style of the letters and characters reminds of former times.
In my opinion you have done great work so far! :)
Go ahead, it will be a very authentic diorama.

Kind regards
Peter
Parallel im Bau:

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 10:20pm

Hello Friends,

Work on the number 8 crane machinery house continues. As its a warm day, the operator has his doors open, contrary to safety rules! But do not worry, before we are done he will have a little safety chain across the door.

Many thanks to Grautvornix who provided the below reference pictures that allowed me to somewhat realize the interior of the machinery house.

However, as you can see, the Port Authority uses foreign labour (not cheap! No cost savings, they are just inept.) which apparently used a combination of rusty spoons and rabid chipmunks to cut out the windows.

@ Kurt and Pitje: Thank you so much for your comments!

It was overcast here in Schkeuditz today, so no opportunity for better pictures.

Thanks for reading friends! There will be a baupause now :(

EDIT: Added another photo of the machinery house detail as I wish to potray on my cranes: Sliding doors and the ladder and small work platform on rhe roof.

Kind Regards and a good week to all,

Cris
  • Crane1.jpg
  • Crane3.jpg
  • DSCF2207.jpg
  • DSCF2209.jpg
  • DSCF2210.jpg
  • DSCF2211.jpg
  • DSCF2212.jpg
  • Detail.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (May 17th 2011, 6:21pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 10:29pm

Hi Kurt,

Wilfried has a wonderful thread concerning ports and dioramas. Easily the most comprehensive here in the forum.

Kind Regards,

Cris

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 4:55pm

Hello Friends,

After a long break during which I flew back to the US to see my son graduate (how fast these years have gone by, it seems I was still rocking him to sleep yesterday) work on the Hafen has resumed.

I have mostly complete the quay and semi-portal cranes. I will complete the booms at a later point when I have the Schwann in place.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2336.jpg
  • DSCF2346.jpg
  • DSCF2348.jpg
  • DSCF2349.jpg
  • DSCF2350.jpg
  • DSCF2234.jpg
  • DSCF2274.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Jun 14th 2011, 4:59pm)

Ehemaliges Mitglied SL48

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 5:08pm

Hi Cris,
first of all: congragrulations because of your sons success!
As well as to your cranes and your marvelous pier! This really is a great work and I'm sure, it will become fantastic!

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 5:17pm

Hello Friends,

The original pictures below intrigued me because of the small freight crane on the loading dock. I have tried to reproduce it as best I can from scratch. I have also completed the horse drawn wagon. I plan on adding more details to this little scene as we continue construction.

@ Kurt: My friend, thank you so much for your kind words. I am very proud of my son.

I wish to thank LarsW for the tip on where to acquire the Z scale figures. I will show a bit more on an easy painting method I came across later when the Port Authority employees more workers.

And now another baupause.

Friendly Regards,

Cris
  • 563_61_hamburg-bilder-als-geburtgstagsgeschenk.jpg
  • 465_061_29_fruchtschuppen_magdeburger_hafen.jpg
  • DSCF2353.jpg
  • DSCF2356.jpg
  • DSCF2338.jpg
  • DSCF2335.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Jun 16th 2011, 9:47pm)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 9:02am

Hello Friends,

Even though the Port Facilities are not complete, the customers are starting to arrive. The two gray trucks are from the the HMV Hamburger Deichstraße. I just touched them up (and then promptly wrecked them putting them together) and added livery. As with the Horse Drawn Wagon, I plan on making a little scene showing freight being loaded. The freight inside the truck with the open sides is from one of the MDK Trawlers (Thank you Kurt!)

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2392.JPG
  • DSCF2393.JPG
  • DSCF2394.JPG
  • DSCF2398.JPG
  • DSCF2399.JPG
  • 452_9_lastwagen_sackkarre_bananen.jpg
  • 661_584_ladung_loeschen_welthafen-hamburg.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hi-Torque" (Jun 28th 2011, 9:14am)

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 9:51am

Hello Friends,

Well my off days have dissipated like so much jet exhaust so its back to work for me and another baupause. But before I go, I want to show you some markers I found at the stationary store that I use for edge coloring. These have a very flexible tip similar to a brush - perfect for corners, and the gray series has a wide enough range of colors to almost guarantee a color match. Of course these are just another tool to add to our toolbox and not a replacement for water colors or colored pencils.

Friendly Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2400.JPG
  • DSCF2401.JPG

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 4:14pm

Hello Friends,

The freight continues to flow into the Freeport of Hamburg.

Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF2402.JPG
  • DSCF2403.JPG
  • DSCF2404.JPG

Used tags

Hafen, Hafen

Social bookmarks