F-14A Halinski

• Hello sennanend,

beautifull and very clean build. My respect, 4 years is a lot of time but well spend :).

Would like to see more of your Work, and some closeup of the f-14 (the dificult parts).

Thanks and wellcome

Tomislav

• sennaend-san from land of the rising sun,

thank you for the Details, can you post a close up of the cockpit?

And I like that I became a san....I'm very proud :). By the way what means san (I hope not something like an idiot :) ).

Additional remark....if yu-san referes to yougoslawia than it is not correct for me, yougoslawia felt appart in 1991, only serbia, kosovo and montenegro remained as yougoslawia....last year montenegro got away and yougoslawia seized to exist. Kosovo is now in the process of getting away too....so I am from croatia (hrvatska) and that would make me a hr-san or cro-san :). Is not so important but just to inform you...I'm stil a san which is the important thing and not so much from where I am.

• hi azbaha!

if i'm right "san" is a sufix after your familyname and menas "mister" oder "herr" (german). It's used when adults do not know each other well or in business uses.

"san" in company with your forename is in use under close friends, which also means sennaend looks at us as friends! =). so your correct name would be "tomislav-san".

please correct me if I'm wrong, but i learned this from my business partners from fuchinobe. (as far as I remember).

regards, thomas

• hi sennaend-sensai!

i think japanese modelbuilders have a certain talent in building paper models (from what i've seen in the www). therefore you got from me the sensai-degree in papermodelling.

yu is also going to get this degree from me :D

• Hi Thomas,

thank you for clearefying the san mather to me.

And boy was I wrong about yu-san....now I see we have also yu here....yu, sorry how could I forget the other formidable papermodeler from japan.

I agree fully with Thomas, japan papermodelers are so perfect and working with no mistakes. Judging by my own work we Croats are vry messy :).

• Thomas-san,

Thank you very much for explaining about "san" for us Japanese.
    You are right. When we address people we are comfortable adding "san" as a sign of respect.
    I am traveling foreign countries and have business associates. They all call me Yu so I get used to be called Yu and call them just first name. But, before I got used to it I felt uncomfotable calling people just by their first name.
    Japan is hierarchical society from ancient time and we have many formal lines in our language though recently those polite expressions are vanishing.

Best regards,

• Dear All,

I like this forum not only because I'am an owner but it is really multi cultural. For those who are plane builders, I think the Halinski F-14 is one of the challenges for every card modeler.

Nippon has an old history in paper models e.g. Origami and I remember a book of Karl Bruckner, an Austrian author with the title "Sadako will leben" = "Sadako want to live". The story is about a sportive girl after the bomb drop over Hiroshima. According an old Nippon sage, you will survive of any disease when 1000 crane birds are folded. 10 years after the desaster she died when she has finished 990 birds only. This is a sad story but excuse to interupt your thread, it is an anti-war statement.

Yes I would like to build the Tomcat in the future but it's too early to start with this level of card modeling.

Dear "sennaend",

Congratulation for your built although you need 4 years. "The lane is the target" as we say in Germany. :D

Let us see more of your masterpieces.

A warm welcome to you.

Yours, René San

....es ist 5 vor 33

Demokratie ist alternativlos!

"sei a Mensch"

• Hello Airgoon-san,gunni-san and Rene-san.
    I feel your encouragement very glad.

It took four years in total for me to make F-14A. Of course I did not work every day. When motivation fell down, I put it away in a box for months. Probably it is completed in around 3 months if the experience of the paper model has you. :D

Next,I have begun to make F - 4B of GPM .
    Probably? maybe? it will be completed in two months. :P
    I am going to upload a description of its production.

A postscript.
    According to the explanation of yu-san and Thomas-san, I used "- san" in a meaning of Dear. :)
    I am good at neither the English nor German. But I pray when I want to do a good friendship with all of you in this site.

Thank you.

• Good Morning Sennend-San,

how you can read my mind ? I just sat together with my son and he urged me to build the Tomcat next and suddenly you offered another series of nice pictures of your F-14.

Unfortunately there are too many open and unfinished projects, first of all the Viennese Tram which was in the garage the last half year. I guess I will get a red card penalty from many of the members, in case I will not show any progress soon. :D

You are a real benefit for our society and I appreciate to see more of this well built models.

Thanks a lot and my best regards
    René

....es ist 5 vor 33

Demokratie ist alternativlos!

"sei a Mensch"