Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »Hi-Torque« ist männlich
  • »Hi-Torque« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 6. April 2010

Beruf: Project Manager

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 27. Juli 2012, 15:06

Day Tide / JSC 291 / 1:250 [FERTIG]

Hello Friends,

I wish to make a diorama including the Bredford Dolphin and an AHTS. There are several classes of Anchor Handlers, the Maresk A class, UT704 and IMT 966 are older but have beautiful lines. The AX104 being one of the newest designs.

However there are very few models of this class of multi-function ship. I have settled on the NED8167L designed and built by Remontowa and first depicted in JSC 291 DU MOULIN TIDE (ToKro). The model was later revised and reissued as the Dutch Emergency Towing Vessel IEVOLI BLACK (Guther ) which serves in the same capacity as the NORDIC (Michael112)

I wish to recolor the sheets to reflect the Day Tide, a vessel owned and operated by Tidewater Inc. one of the largest suppliers of Offshore Energy vessels in the world. Incidentally, the area where I grew up near Norfolk Virgina is called the Tidewater area and is where the company started many years ago. The Day Tide is based out of Port Vila and fly's the Vanuatu flag.

I will shortly follow up with a quite a bit more information and eventually begin construction :)

All pictures copyright by there respective owners.

Kind Regards,

Cris
»Hi-Torque« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • DSCF3625.JPG
  • DAY_TIDE1.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (3. Oktober 2012, 19:50)

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 28. Juli 2012, 11:32

Hello Friends,

Before beginning construction, lets talk a little more about Offshore Supply Vessels. Generally in regards to OSV's and in particular AHTS's there are as we discussed above very model few examples. One of the best is the fictional MAERSK HOLDER by Henning which used the WHV KREUZTURM as its foundation. I can not find this kit, but if anyone can provide one please let me know.

Please see here a report from the Australian Government relating an incident involving the MASSIVE TIDE, (a UT 704) a little dry perhaps, but fascinating reading that give us some insight to how hard these ships and crews work.

Here is the link to the Dutch Fire and Rescue website for the Ievoli Black. It may be of interest as it has a great many pictures and several videos of the ship in action. In addition, please have a look at the PDF available from this site which is a good deal sharper and clearer than those available from Remontowa. It gives an excellent overview of the NED 8176L class.

Here is another fascinating website that concerns itself with OSV's and the Oil Industry. I have ordered the two reference books published by the webmaster and will hopefully add some of their content and a review as we go along.

Best Regards,

Cris

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (28. Juli 2012, 11:54)

Ehemaliges Mitglied P_H

unregistriert

Samstag, 28. Juli 2012, 13:04

Hi Cris

a great and very interesting project! I'm looking forward to see more. I have ideas to build something with Ievoli Black, Geco Scorpio (PSW) and/or Kreuzturm (WHV) with the FINO3 from HMV in my Diorama. So your plans would be very interesting for me!

Have fun with it
regards
Peter

Samstag, 28. Juli 2012, 14:23

Hi Cris,
thank you for sharing this searching results with us. These ships are very interesting and also very colorful. Last year, i found a very fascinating site about the Ulstein X-bow ships, awesome. The Ievoli Black has her Homeport in Den Helder/Nl, so i saw her last year in my vacations, and i did some pics of her. I will search for them and show it to you.

My Geco Scorpio experience is going further on, i hope i will be able to show some pics today.

greetings to you and your wife
Robi
Uneingeschränkte Toleranz führt mit Notwendigkeit zum Verschwinden der Toleranz. Denn wenn wir die unbeschränkte Toleranz sogar auf die Intoleranten ausdehnen, wenn wir nicht bereit sind, eine tolerante Gesellschaftsordnung gegen die Angriffe der Intoleranz zu verteidigen, dann werden die Toleranten vernichtet werden und die Toleranz mit ihnen.

Karl Popper

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 29. Juli 2012, 20:13

Hello Fiends,

I promise this is the last entry before I show some progress. I have spent a pleasant (kühl! 20C) afternoon finishing up re-coloring the sheets.

But to continue our discussion on Anchor Handlers, here is a link to the manual for the Stev series of anchors used by most offshore installations. I apologize that its in English. However, it has information on the history and usage of many kinds of anchors and I found it to be quite interesting.

Here are some videos of Anchor Handling and Decking: Here, here, and here

Additionally, I have attached a publicly available PDF I found from a ship broker that lists quite a few of the AHTS's and Platform ships along with their day rates. While it is hardly model related, its interesting reading to anyone curious about the industry.

Lastly, I have attached some photos of various AHTS's.

Best Regards,

Cris

@ Robi: I am greatly enjoying your progress on the Geco Scorpio! And, I look forward to any pictures you share, thank you. Mia, who greatly assisted me with editing the sheets says "Hallo!"
  • NigelSly070305.JPG
  • Maersk Provider4_Tony Poll.JPG
  • Bourbon Orca 061013-14.JPG
  • Maersk Champion_Tony Poll2.jpg
  • Safe Caledonia_Victor Gibson.JPG
  • Tony Poll 061031.JPG
  • Maersk Helper_TonyPoll2.JPG
  • Bourbon Thetys_Mike Prendergast.JPG
»Hi-Torque« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (29. Juli 2012, 20:40)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 30. Juli 2012, 18:09

Hello Friends,

Here is the completed framework and a start on the decking. I choose to cutout the openings for the winch house and add companionways that the kit illustrated with a drawn square only.

Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3632.JPG
  • DSCF3633.JPG
  • DSCF3634.JPG
  • DSCF3636.JPG
  • DSCF3637.JPG
  • DSCF3638.JPG

Ehemaliges Mitglied SL48

unregistriert

Montag, 30. Juli 2012, 18:19

Hi Cris,
you will find a veeeery interested observer in me. I started the IEVOLI BLACK and came into troubles with fininishing the hull. Please show it in all details, how you will manage it. Good luck!!
Regards
Kurt

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 30. Juli 2012, 20:22

Hello Kurt,

Yes, I think you are very right about the hull. EDIT: Nearly every model I have seen pictures of so far has frankly looked rather rough (Guther nailed his perfectly). It seems like both the bow and the stern have presented problems to previous builders. I have some ideas and will fully show them. But this does not mean I will not find new and possibly unique ways to roughen mine up. :rolleyes:

Best Regards to You and Your Infinitely Patient Wife,

Cris :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (31. Juli 2012, 08:45)

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 31. Juli 2012, 21:28

Hello Friends,

Some work on the winch house and a start on the hull.

To make small cylinders I like to wet the paper with a sponge and then roll it on thin foam. This type of foam is sold in stationary stores.

Best Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3639.JPG
  • DSCF3641.JPG
  • DSCF3642.JPG
  • DSCF3643.JPG
  • DSCF3644.JPG
  • DSCF3645.JPG

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 31. Juli 2012, 21:33

Here are a few more pictures of the Day Tide. And over the weekend Mia and I went to Merseberg, a lovely little town. I snapped a picture of this little work barge on the Saale.
  • 629573.jpg
  • 690813.jpg
  • 7676540040_dd3f1c1283_b.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (1. August 2012, 19:00)

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 1. August 2012, 19:05

Hi Friends,

Work on the hull continues. As promised, my own unique roughed up version :D

Since we will soon be moving aft, I have included two pictures that show the stern area.

Best Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3649.JPG
  • DSCF3651.JPG
  • DSCF3654.JPG
  • DSCF3655.JPG
  • DSCF3646.JPG
  • DSCF3647.JPG
  • Kehoe-Tide-189446.jpg
  • 1420925.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (1. August 2012, 20:10)

modellschiff

Erleuchteter

• »modellschiff« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 20. Dezember 2006

Beruf: Pensionär

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 1. August 2012, 19:14

Hi Chris,
surely this will be an very fine modelling for You. I wish You good luck and success.
With best regards
Ulrich

Ehemaliges Mitglied SL48

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 1. August 2012, 19:39

Hi Cris,I think, that will help me with my IEVOLI BLACK - hull. - Thanks. - By the way: this will be your next great model!
Kurt

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 1. August 2012, 21:28

Hi Ulrich and Kurt!

Thank you for your kind words! We will see what the completed hull looks like. The transition at the stern is quite complex, and I am quite clumsy.

@ Kurt: Yes, yes, I showed how not to do it! But, notice that I safely did away with most of the reinforcement where the gunwhales attach in favor of butt or edge gluing.

Friendly Regards,

Cris

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (2. August 2012, 09:42)

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 3. August 2012, 09:22

Good Morning Friends,

Here is a link that shows the Ievoli Black in der Nordsee. It also shows details of the Bow, Anchor Winches and Bollards and briefly, the Bridge.

Best Regards,

Cris

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 10. August 2012, 16:32

Progress.
  • DSCF3661.JPG
  • DSCF3664.JPG
  • DSCF3662.JPG
  • DSCF3663.JPG
  • DSCF3666.JPG
  • DSCF3667.JPG
  • Day Tide sitting nicely alongside stbd side West Alliance.jpg

andiruegg

Erleuchteter

• »andiruegg« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 10. Juni 2006

Beruf: pensioniert

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 11. August 2012, 07:57

Hi Cris,

A real master at work: no words, perfect results. It's a treat to watch your model grow!

"Wer seine Grenzen kennt, hat sie." (Jonathan Livingston Seagull)

im Bau: Kosmonawt Juriy Gagarin (Oriel) / USS Maine (HMV)
in letzter Zeit fertig gestellt:
Steam Boat Sabino (MB-Kartonmodell) / IJN Kaga (Dom Bumagi) / The Steamer Winans (Heinkel Models)

Wiesel

Hennings Dino

• »Wiesel« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 30. Dezember 2004

Beruf: Jurist

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 11. August 2012, 10:10

Cris,

she is a feast for the eyes! :)
Bis die Tage...

Helmut

"Einmal sah jemand die Häftlingsnummer 78651, die auf meinem Arm eintätowiert ist, und sagte: "Das ist wohl Ihre Garderobennummer?" Danach trug ich jahrelang nur langärmelige Pullover."
In Erinnerung an Simone Veil, † 30. Juni 2017

Im Bau: CAP SAN DIEGO (roko)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 13. August 2012, 10:40

Hello Friends,

Some progress on the working deck enclosure.

Kind Regards,

Cris

@ Andi and Helmut: Gentlemen, you give me far to much praise! However, thank you for your very kind words! I enjoy the color scheme that these working ships have and I have tried to capture the feel of the DAY TIDE's. I think I was only moderately successful in modeling the anchor winch.
  • DSCF3668.JPG
  • DSCF3669.JPG
  • DSCF3670.JPG

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 14:35

Hello Friends,

Some minor progress on the working deck.

Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3671.JPG
  • DSCF3672.JPG
  • DSCF3673.JPG

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 16. August 2012, 13:49

Hello Friends,

With the installation of the Tugger Winches and their safety guards and the remaining Bollards and Capstans along with the 'J" Hooks or Anchor Chasers the working deck interior is complete.

EDIT: Included a picture to show the Tugger Winch Safety Guard detail

Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3674.JPG
  • DSCF3675.JPG
  • DSCF3676.JPG
  • DSCF3677.JPG
  • Pacific Banner 6 20-01-02.JPG
  • Maersk Assister38.JPG
  • 940015.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hi-Torque« (17. August 2012, 09:51)

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 16. August 2012, 13:56

Hello Friends,

Earlier, I mentioned the books available at Ships and Oil. I received mine several days ago and found them to be well constructed and full of fascinating information and photos. Both books are highly recommended for the modeller and anyone interested in the Oil Industry. They are English and full of excellent information and anecdotes from the authors long career in this field.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3678.JPG
  • DSCF3681.JPG
  • DSCF3679.JPG
  • DSCF3680.JPG

Donnerstag, 16. August 2012, 14:55

Hi Cris,

It´s always the same: tiny little details which bring life to the model. Outstanding craftmansship, i like it very much. And beside your Day tide, my geco Scorpio looks like an old , just folded box.

Greetings to you

Robi
Uneingeschränkte Toleranz führt mit Notwendigkeit zum Verschwinden der Toleranz. Denn wenn wir die unbeschränkte Toleranz sogar auf die Intoleranten ausdehnen, wenn wir nicht bereit sind, eine tolerante Gesellschaftsordnung gegen die Angriffe der Intoleranz zu verteidigen, dann werden die Toleranten vernichtet werden und die Toleranz mit ihnen.

Karl Popper

SJachnow

Schüler

• »SJachnow« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 22. März 2012

Beruf: Systemintegrator IT

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 17. August 2012, 11:01

Hello Chris,

maybe you'll find this helpful:

On the Homepage of the magazin ModellWerft in the download section you can find a CorelDraw format file with flat projection parts for an offshore anchor. Just search for the headline "Download zu Offshore-Anker als Ladegut aus Ausgabe 1/2012". Unfortunately it comes without scale and assembly guide, but it's still usefull i think. You could add this to your splendid model as a cargo.

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 18. August 2012, 17:14

Hello Friends,

Well, with mixed results the working deck is complete. I have also included two more interesting pictures of the DAY TIDE I came across.

@ Robi: You are much to kind Sir! While I have lots of imagination, my workmanship in my opinion, falls far short of some of the beautiful work shown here. I will keep trying though :) Thank you Robi for such high praise.

@SJachnow: Thank you for the kind words and the link! So many interesting models! I appreciate the anchor, but I will include the DAY TIDE in a diorama I will be making with the BREDFORD DOLPHIN and will use an anchor from her. Did you see the Anchor Technical Manual above? I thought that was fascinating!

I wish you all a good weekend.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3684.JPG
  • DSCF3690.JPG
  • DSCF3694.JPG
  • DSCF3697.JPG
  • DSCF3689.JPG
  • DSCF3691.JPG
  • P6140070.JPG
  • 919269.jpg

Maik C

Profi

• »Maik C« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 11. April 2007

Beruf: Industriepolsterer

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 18. August 2012, 17:45

Hi Chris,

Unglaublich!!! very nice, top.
Mir fehlen die Worte und in englisch noch mehr,ein wirklich schönes Model.

LG Maik

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 18. August 2012, 22:38

Hi Friends,

No more progress, but due to a lengthy trip I have coming up there will be a baupause :( So, I leave you with some more photos of these interesting hard working ships.

Kind Regards,

Cris

@Maik: Vielen Dank!
  • Ray J Hope - James McLellan 4.JPG
  • Ray J Hope_JamesMclellan2.JPG
  • Maersk Pacer_Bob Smith.JPG
  • Maersk Terrier_ WullieBremner7.jpg
  • Maersk searcher towing lohn shaw.jpg

• »Hans-Joachim Möllenberg« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 4. November 2007

Beruf: Marineoffizier a.D.

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 19. August 2012, 07:18

Moin Cris,

ganz besonders gefallen mir bei deinem Modell auch die sehr realitätsnahen Alterungs- und Arbeitsspuren auf dem großen Arbeitsdeck - man riecht beim Ansehen der Bilder förmlich das Meer :) !

Kind Regards
HaJo

Hanseatic

Fortgeschrittener

• »Hanseatic« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 8. November 2004

Beruf: Diplom-Agraringenieur

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 19. August 2012, 09:06

Moin Chris,

what a challenge not to become seasick, working on the bridge - the first two pictures showing the vessel at high sea are just wonderful!

Cheers, Michael
Michael Keßler

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 29. August 2012, 17:47

Hello Friends,

Well I am back from my trip and have spent a nice afternoon recuperating with the DAY TIDE. I hope to have some pictures later.

@ Hajo: Thank you for the kind words! It is really difficult to get just the right amount of weathering...even though I know the golden rule, "less is better" I always seem to have a heavy hand :)

@Michael: I know, I thought those were great! These guys must really have some sea legs!

Best Regards,

Cris

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 31. August 2012, 13:03

Hello Friends,

Some progress on the boat deck and upper winch house.

Kind Regards,

Cris
  • DSCF3699.JPG
  • DSCF3700.JPG
  • DSCF3701.JPG
  • DSCF3702.JPG
  • DSCF3704.JPG
  • DSCF3705.JPG
  • DSCF3706.JPG
  • DSCF3707.JPG
  • DSCF3709.JPG

Ehemaliges Mitglied P_H

unregistriert

Freitag, 31. August 2012, 13:40

Hi Cris

WOW!!! I feel to be on board when i see your pictures... :thumbsup:
Absolutly great details!

Regards
Peter

Reinhard Fabisch

Erleuchteter

• »Reinhard Fabisch« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 17. Mai 2007

Beruf: Werkzeugmacher, Ausbilder

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. September 2012, 07:46

Moin Cris...
Dein Modell sticht mal wieder durch seinen Realismus aus vielen anderen Modellen heraus.
Allein die Detailvielfalt an Deck ist athemberaubend.
Und auch wenn mein Englisch so schlecht ist, das ich den Text nur mühsam verstehen kann,
bin ich ein begeisterter Anhänger Deiner Bauweisee geworden. Bilder sagen manchmal mehr als tausend Worte.
Gruß, Renee
Schwierigkeiten bringen Talente ans Licht,

die bei günstigeren Bedingungen schlummern würden! ;)

Joachim Frerichs

Erleuchteter

• »Joachim Frerichs« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 23. Januar 2005

Beruf: Berufssoldat

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. September 2012, 11:45

Ahoy Cris

very very nice :)

Regards
Jo
Meine bisher gebauten Modelle sind hier abgelichtet :)

Ehemaliges Mitglied SL48

unregistriert

Sonntag, 2. September 2012, 19:02

Hi Cris - simply great what you are showing us! ... Simply great...
regards
Kurt

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. September 2012, 09:41

Hello Friends,

Some progress on the upper accommodation deck and the pilot house.

Kind Regards,

Cris

@Peter, Jo, Renee und Kurt: Vielen Dank für die freundlichen Worte und Lob! Your gracious praise and kind words always make me smile.
  • DSCF3710.JPG
  • DSCF3711.JPG
  • DSCF3712.JPG
  • DSCF3713.JPG
  • DSCF3714.JPG

• »Hans-Joachim Möllenberg« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 4. November 2007

Beruf: Marineoffizier a.D.

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. September 2012, 12:52

Moin Cris,

a very detailed "working area" for the captain and his officers.....very realistic looking "Metall-Grätings" aside the steering-house :thumbup: !

Kind regards
HaJo

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 9. September 2012, 16:46

Hello Friends,

More progress on the superstructure.

Best Regards,

Cris

@ HaJo: Thank you! Its sometimes not as neat as I would like!
  • DSCF3716.JPG
  • DSCF3717.JPG
  • DSCF3719.JPG
  • DSCF3721.JPG

Werner_W

Schüler

• »Werner_W« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 11. November 2008

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 10. September 2012, 11:04

Hello CHM Cris,

there is just one kind of comment possible: "No comment"!

Best wishes

Werner