[completed] Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4 and Bf 109 T-1

• Always thought -as I did- that nothing compares Halinski...? Today I received the brand new Messerschmitt Bf 109 T-1 from Model Hobby and as soon as I opened the booklet I had to change my mind. This model is so breathtakingly beautiful in detail and print that it could easily have been from Halinski... apart from the fact that it counts many more pieces! Of course I know nothing about how this all fits together, but let me tell you that I was speechless.
    I already owned a copy of the new 109E-4 from Halinski so I am able to compare both models and what I am planning to do right now (I hope that someone will not steal this idea from me 8o) is a simultaneous built of these two models in order to compare them thoroughly. This is of course a rather ambitious project (and I can only start it after a short trip abroad during the next few days) but I promise that if I decide to realize it I will keep you informed from the start.

• good luck in your new project, I am really curious about results of comparison between Hal and WoWWII...

P.

Burn the land and boil the sea
    You cant take the sky from me

• Hi JC,

very interesting, indeed!!!
    Did you order the T-1 at Model Hobby via online? Are there any problems with ordering?

I will watch your build closely.

Cheers Bernhard

is a simultaneous built of these two models in order to compare them thoroughly. This is of course a rather ambitious project (and I can only start it after a short trip abroad during the next few days)

Greate! Another fine job, a lot of pictures, wonderful models - what a pleasure! Or wait - another just-talker with many promises showed us covers and solemnly promised to start in few days... What a shame - instead of a good job - hurry - to be first! No matter that in stupid way.

I love such peoples...
    TAD

• TAD.
    This is a friendly reminder for you. Every built starts with opening the package. Everyone can do their report as he likes.
    If you don't like it, don't read it.

But if you keep insulting people we will have to react.

Regards
    Jan

• TAD,

in Austria there's a special saying: "der ton macht die musik"

free translated: "it's always meant as it sounds"

maybe you don't wanted to insult, but you did it in an insulting way.
    please be a bit more intent of how you write. (I did not say what... )

regards, thomas

• Hi JC, good luck in your project, will watch closely.

Strange to me how we choose the same kits to build sometimes :D :D :D

Yesterday I have imported "Teo" from Poland, realy nice model.

It is normal to own ORIGINAL

• Hi TAD,
    Please check flight IB 3245, departing from Amsterdam airport tomorrow at 12.15 to Madrid: I don't know if you can have a look at the passengers list. If so please check it and you will see my name on it (and on the list of flight IB 226, departing from Madrid to my final destination that same afternoon). For the rest: no further comment.
    To all the others: thank you guys for your support :]

• Haha - what that list of passengers has to do with this report?! The obvious thing is, that we start report only then, when we HAVE something to report, not with covers and lot of priayers. You sholud start when really you do something. Maybe I'm prejudiced but watching a lot of such treats on forums I see how comic this situation is.

I hope that other people will learn from this and won't do such absurd moves. And I really wait for your job - expect that you keep your promises.
    TAD

• Hi Jc

Messerschmidt is one of my favorite planes
    Your effective introduction places more expectation on coming report that will make me unable to take my eye off

Good luck

• Hi,
    about this nice Me-109 T-1 - his author is Rafal Ciesielski - plane has the same engine model as other of this works - Me-109 W i Me-109 Z - really detailed and nice looking engine with many parts. If someone has kit from Answer with Me-109 W can see this.

I see that ours expectations about this treat are big - we all want to delight with those models.
    TAD

• Others might laugh at all this and consider it a minor event; but I have got different feelings. In Spain I have been thinking about it and I have come to the conclusion that something was wrong: this hobby should be fun. Pressure and the feeling to be controlled may be acceptable for work and business -in modeling it is ridiculous. Must we feel guilty when, for any reason, progress in building a model is less then we had thought?
    Don't misunderstand me: I don't want to start a new discussion here.
    I may be back here some day; for the moment I must refer to http://www.strangeplace.com/forum/. There are some interesting things to read there.

Originally posted by Peter P.
    jc,the only important thing about your building report is that YOU have fun building this model.
    no matter how long it will last!
    i saw popalas answer too,and he is absolutely right.

Exactly! I look forward to seeing what you share of either or both of these builds no matter what you decide!
    And if nothing else comes from this post, I found Popola's forum so I can register and have another forum to keep up with ;)

• ...and I thought and I thought... and then I thought: Why not simply continuing the thread? Ans so I did:

This first picture may look a bit enigmatic, but let me explain: the Halinski version (Bf 109E-4) starts -as usual- with the construction of the frame of the center fuselage section, and to the left I show you the very first steps.
    For the Model-Hobby version (BF 109 T-1) things are more complicated: it starts by constructing the nose section, but with the option to install the complete engine. This option is advised by the author only for the very experienced modelers and studying the plans it is clear that it makes building much, much more complicated...
    For this moment there are no problems: I want the building of these two models to be as parallel as possible, so I skipped the nose section of the T-4 for the moment and will start building the cockpit interior of which you can see to the right the part that will form the inner walls of it:

• The instrument panel of the E-4 is straightforward, of the photorealistic type and it looks good; its T-4 counterpart (that I will be adding soon) is more complex with its 'glass' dials. I don't know yet if it will look better after all, but since this is a parallel built I show them in one picture for a better comparison.
    I will now continue the center frame of the E-4; only when it will be finished I can start the cockpit interior of both versions.

• Very nice start, just a memo - watch carefully logical way of W4 when will cut engine ribbons for E4 ;) - I am actually in middle of cocpit parts

• Im looking forward to your build and if I came a little late.

Another thing I always start my constrution treads with the cover and the interior of model book.

• hai Bernie,

Nice to see you follow this thread!
    You are obviously warning me for some mistake that I could make in building in the near future. First I thought that you referred to a part of one of both models when you spoke of E4, but you are no doubt referring to part W4* of the E-4 version. Could you please be a bit more specific. On this part there is a text in polish that -due to some kind of printing error- is partly in "computer language" and therefore difficult for me to understand. Could you please tell me what is said there -is it the upper part that must be cut of when building in the engine; or the lower part?
    Or is it something else?
    I am not at that point of the construction yet, but your answer will certainly be of great help. Thanks!

• No problem JC, goes for wrong construction print of a part W4 for plane type Emil of HAL.

If you take you the part from the page where printed on and lay to next parts to be in assembly with W3-part, you see the trouble ;)

• Both cockpits are shown here from the same angle ( cockpitwalls of T-1 still opened for better visibility).
    First parts that were actually built simultaniously were the raised supports for the flight stick controls (a).
    Note that the floor panels have different shapes (which could well be correct) and that the raised floor portion where the pedals will be attached in the E-4 (b) is missing in the T-1. In the T-1, the pedals will be attached directly onto the floor.

• Thanks for including the discrepancies in the instructions / diagrams. I received this kit yesterday and there are a lot of parts, it'll be nice to be able to reference the diagrams directly without having to worry about incorrectly numbered parts.

I will say I got the 'Limited Edition' version, and it's a good deal as you get 2 complete models (except the former page which is easily copied on regular paper). I think I prefer the dark blue / green over the black / grey version - but they will both make nice models.

Your foot pedals look very good ;)

• Hai Dansls1!
    You are mentioning a "limited edition". Is it the T-1 of Model Hobby in a different color scheme? Did 'nt even know it existed. Or am I misunderstanding you?

• If you scroll down in this thread (Note - there are swastika's on pic's in link - is it ok to post the link still I hope?), there's is a post from Model-Hobby that I'll copy here:

So I got the same outside book, but there are 2 complete models inside. One is the dark green / dark blue coloring that I'm assuming you have, and one is a dark grey / black coloring of the same camo scheme.

And here is the link to the 'Limited Edition' kit at Model-hobby.pl.

• The foot pedals in the E-4 version are somewhat simpler and slightly different in shape. The unit under the instrument panel and between the pedals in the E-4 version (cabin heating, air duct? I have no idea of what it is for) is totally absent in the T-1. Should'nt it have been there too for the T-1? Does anybody know?

Next step: pilots seat for both versions!

• I am working hard on the cockpit interior of the T-1, but I am encountering a problem:
    Does anybody who owns or is constructing this model know where parts B 17c must be placed? (I suppose they must have something to do with the safety belts). I have found nothing about it neither in the diagrams nor in the instructions. Thanks a lot!