Close Up Photos

• Hi,
    Following up on Leif's excellent description of how he gets those up close and personal shots of construction procedures, (Building Jan Müllers DH88 Comet - in 1/16 scale) here is a shot that uses almost the same technique. A tripod is set on a desk. The mounted camera is aimed downward at a raised upside down box. The box is a steady for the hand or tool being photographed. Incandescent lights in stand mounted photo reflectors are aimed at the box. A 10 second time delay option on the camera gives you enough time to get your hand and the part framed correctly.

Anyone recognize the model?

Cheers...John

• Nice shot, John (and a very nice little subassembly!). Very even lighting and much better colour temperature (skin colour, for example) than I usuallyl manage to get.

Now, as you know, architectural models isn't my field, so I wouldn't dare a guess.

Speaking of which, perhaps you should ask Michael or Jan or somebody in the team to move this start of a thread to Architectural models? Could start an interesting discussion in your own field.

Best, Leif

Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

Edited once, last by Leif Ohlsson ().