Cervena Lohta - ABC/Vyskovsky

• Last week I made this charming castle, from an old issue of ABC magazine. The paper was relatively thin compared with what I'm used to. I had to reinforce the walls and roofs with a lightweight cardstock. Some bits were challenging; especially the facade tops with the semicircular repeating patterns.

I especially like the small interior courtyard with the detailed recessed windows, and the tunnel from the entrance to the courtyard that really only the builder knows is there. Very finely designed, and everything fit extremely well.

David

• Nice one, David :)
    Recognizable at first glance as a Vyskovsky model. I hope that Erkotyp reissues this model, perhaps with a couple more recessed windows...

• This one apparently was published by Albatros - there's a copy of that on a czech auction site now.

I love the ingenuity of Richard Vyskovsky; everything from the style to how the parts and folds are designed, and even how they are laid out on the paper is artful. Very satisfying to build. But hard to start cutting.

Ricardo: I agree, the recessed windows are great, and it's a shame when they windows are just two dimensional - even though it's quicker. I can't wait to start on Pardubice, but I don't feel ready yet. I'm makigna couple of his locomotives for more practice.
    Thanks for the nice comments.

David

• Purdubice was my very first Erkotyp and it was love at first sight. Apart from recessed windows there are windows frames and sometimes more than that! You can see a picture of my Erkotyp models here (it is the last picture):

Burg Drazice - Erkotyp. 1/200

David, the locomotives are from the Golden Book of Paper Models? My copy should be somewhere in the post, now :yahoo:

• Yes, my admiration of your builds has no bounds....

I made the Elbel-Golsdorf - a really lovely train, and I'm almost done with the Arcivevedo Karel, fine too, which is in the book. I'll post when I get a chance to take pictures.

Happy holidays!