Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »Leif Ohlsson« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 21. Dezember 2004

Beruf: Retired

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 21. November 2007, 21:48

Alin Osarik's Merlin engine for the Spitfire Vb has arrived!

[Note (25 nov 2007): Alin's Merlin engine has arrived and can be downloaded. See this post below. Download from Kartonbau.de.]

----------

Guess what Santa may be bringing this year? If we are lucky, a brand new Merlin engine for the Halinski MkV Spitfire!

These glad tidings come from Alin Osarik, designer of the free download DB601 engine (see this thread). In a letter to me Alin says he is 90 percent finished with this long-awaited project, and estimates another 5-10 days, until we can have it here at Kartonbau.de!

How's that for a Christmas present, Martin ("Sparrowhawk")?

Attached you will find the two images Alin has sent me, plus what I imagine is a proper bulkhead conversion for the Halinski kit. We will soon find out more.

Meanwhile, please do Alin the honour of visiting his own website at http://www.amod.estranky.cz/ . You may catch quite a liking to his 1/200 scale LZ-129 Hindenburg, or his 1:200 Hood framework, or his T35 tank, all for free and with beautiful 3D illustrations.
»Leif Ohlsson« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Merlin-1.jpg
  • Merlin-2.jpg
  • Hal-Spit-Merlin_bulkhead.jpg
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Leif Ohlsson« (26. November 2007, 10:06)

Jan Hascher

Moderator - DerTranslator

• »Jan Hascher« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 23. September 2004

Beruf: Filtrierer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 21. November 2007, 22:34

Oha, now this is some present. This is very good news.

Thank you, Alin, for the kind offer!

Cheers
Jan
Jeder, der einen Post mit "Ich habe zwar keine Ahnung, aber..." beginnt, möge bitte den Absenden-Button ignorieren.

MHBS

Profi

• »MHBS« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 6. Mai 2004

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 03:14

Thanks a lot Leif!

The engine looks realy great.

I know the other models, but where did you find the T35 tank?

With best regards,

Matthias

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 07:23

good morning boys!

now, this would be a sight - imagine Halinski's BF109 with DB601 and Spitfire V with open hatches and the detailed engines on one diorama... :wiegeil: - there are some ideas growing in my mind...

thanks Alin for designing and Leif for presenting.

Have a good day, n ow I have one.

Thomas

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 11:09

T35

Matthias,

You will find it under "Fotoalbum" - http://www.amod.estranky.cz/fotoalbum/vystrihovanky/t-35

There are two sheets and several photos. Not being a tank-builder, I can't say whether this is a work in progress or a complete model.

Leif
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 11:29

"Skip this ad"

Dieter,

I see what you mean - the files are at the zshare site, which means ads pop up. However, there is also a red arrow at the top right saying "Skip this ad".

It helps, once you find it...

LZ129 files:

http://www.zshare.net/download/28051137e9de2e/
http://www.zshare.net/download/27886685e3c10a/
http://www.zshare.net/download/2787296dafac34/

Leif

MHBS

Profi

• »MHBS« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 14:16

Thank you Leif!

I found the pictures. May be this model is not yet finished, but still in progress. Nice work though...

With kind regards,

Matthias

Dansls1

Schüler

• »Dansls1« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 21. Mai 2007

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 15:27

RE: Upcoming: Alin Osarik's Merlin engine for the Halinski Spitfire Vb

Thanks for the news! I hope this trend continues and we'll soon be able to build most of the major WW2 fighters with detailed engine kits if we desire.
-Dan

Gil Russell

Fortgeschrittener

• »Gil Russell« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 30. September 2004

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 23. November 2007, 02:07

Lancaster

Hi Leif,

Very nice find! Lancaster Mk I here I come!

+Gil Russell
I got carded!

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 25. November 2007, 19:05

Alin's Merlin is here!

It is a great honour for me to announce that Alin Osarik's magnificent Merlin engine for the Halinski Spitfire Vb has arrived and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.zshare.net/download/514063141e3e17/

It is very hard for me to convey my feelings of utter admiration and happiness facing this card model. Suffice it to say, that right now I hold this to be the finest example of card modeling design that I have yet come across.

True, I certainly am biased, since the model is within the range that I have a special feeling for; and true, it is "only" an add-on to an already top-of-the-line model. But that doesn't quite convey what this model is about at all. It is the detailedness, and the very delicate structure that impresses me most. Is this really possible to accomplish in paper (and some wire parts)?

This model makes me doubt my ability to build it, absolutely. And yet, there seems no way of resisting it, particularly since the Spitfire has drawn me for several years now. I just haven't felt ready for this beauty yet, but now perhaps I will just have to face up to it. For me, any other scale than 1/16 would be impossible, but I know there are many masters out there who would be ready to take on this challenge also in its original 1/33 scale.

Please, download the Merlin and study it closely, for the pure joy of studying a card-model masterpiece. Although the model as such is only one page, there are no less than 34 (sic!) pages in all, including a straight three-way line drawing, and five separate 3-D modeled straight views. All the rest are step-by-step instruction sketches.

Not a single word, just sketches, which makes this a truly multi-lingual model.

Alin is the author also of the DB601 engine, suitable for the Halinski Messerschmitt BF 109F. See this thread. Both models are free downloads, which is a wonderful witness to the generosity so often encountered in card modelling.

Note 1: For all of you who immediately will want to download the model, please note that the zshare-site where it is now hosted will create a lot of pop-ups, including one that totally covers the download page. Press the "Skip this ad" sign at the top right corner to get back to the download page.

Note 2: Adminstrators, please note that Alin wishes to host his Merlin engine also here at Kartonbau.de. Please take advantage of this generous offer and add his Merlin to the download section!

Below just a few samples of Alin's many beautiful instructional drawings, plus an illustration of the original Merlin kit. Go download the original and have a look for yourself!
»Leif Ohlsson« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • merlin-6.jpg
  • merlin-7.jpg
  • merlin-8.jpg
  • merlin-26.jpg
  • merlin-kit.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Leif Ohlsson« (25. November 2007, 21:35)

Shrike

Fortgeschrittener

• »Shrike« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 16. November 2006

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 25. November 2007, 21:21

RE: Alin's Merlin is here!

Just one word... WOW!

=D> :meister: :wiegeil:

Many thanks for sharing / hintin to this great masterpiece!

Stephan
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Ein Ring, sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden,
Ins Dunkel zu treiben und ewig zu binden.

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 25. November 2007, 23:52

The Merlin is now available from Kartonbau.de

The good news continue. Alan Osarik's Merlin engine is now available as a download right here from Kartonbau.de.

Go to the Downloads section: http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/filebase.php?fileid=399

Thanks Alin Osarik for letting us have it, and Jan Müller for managing it so quickly!

Leif

Peter P.

Erleuchteter

• »Peter P.« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Februar 2006

Beruf: Garagengnomhasser

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 26. November 2007, 10:18

many ,many thanks to alin for this masterpiece!! =D>

Ist Rechtschreibschwäche und grenzenlose Blödheit abmahnfähig?

MHBS

Profi

• »MHBS« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 27. November 2007, 00:50

Outstanding model!

Thank you very much indeed for sharing it with all of us,

Matthias

bernie

Fortgeschrittener

• »bernie« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 18. Mai 2005

Beruf: warehousing

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. November 2008, 05:55

Well, as Leif wrote: Merlin arrived
I can say: Hope, will arrive soon in to my cage :D

Since Merlin is the only not-yet builded, should be done urgently 8)

It is normal to own ORIGINAL

joherl

Schüler

• »joherl« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 15. Mai 2007

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. November 2008, 19:23

Lovely!!!!!
I´will have plenty use for this one. Not only for my spitfires but also as an engine for my plastic Centurion battle tank. The Meteor engine in thatone is quite close related to the Merlin.
Superb work!
Johan
joherl

CMKnowlton

Schüler

• »CMKnowlton« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 27. September 2009

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 27. September 2009, 04:15

RE: Alin Osarik's Merlin engine for the Spitfire Vb has arrived!

Hello Leif,

I have tried to find the Merlin download without success. Is it still available?

Chris Knowlton

bruchpilot

Schüler

• »bruchpilot« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 23. Oktober 2005

Beruf: Bei Lufthansa Technik

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 14. November 2010, 13:43

Hello,
have anybody a working download Link for the Merlin.
Because the zshare.net link do not work.

Thanks Kai

Sonntag, 14. November 2010, 13:49

Eh kloa:

Merlin: Alin Osarik, Rollce-Royce Merlin Motor, 1:33

Der Vollständigkeit halber auch noch der Verweis auf:
DB 601: Alin Osarik, Daimler-Benz DB-601, 1:33
Walther HWK: Alin Osarik, Walther HWK, 1:33

Old Rutz
Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

romanmodels

Schüler

• »romanmodels« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 9. Oktober 2011

Beruf: clock restorer

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 5. Mai 2012, 22:40

Leif
I am intrested in Alin Osarik Baily Bridge But the download Site Is not working do you no if he has it here

Social Bookmarks