1940 ROB Sloman ALSTERTOR

• Hi Friends,

While looking for information on the SLOMAN ALSTERTOR which I plan on building next, I found some interesting links for the ships World War II predecessor. Please do not infer any political leanings in these links. The first site has a report that in section III gives details of the ALSTERTOR's cruises. There is also a small amount of information on the ALTMARK.The second site has some historical pictures of the ALSTERTOR.

I think this would be an interesting ship to model someday.

Kind Regards,

Cris

• Hi Cris,

many thanks for the very interesting two links :) . The second one with all the pictures of the war in Norway contains some ships, planes and the wrecks of the lost german destroyers (Rombokenfjord) - p.ex. a good picture of a "Vorpostenboot".

I have a lot of pictures of my father, he joined the "Wehrmacht" in 1937 for "Wehrdienst" and came home from russia in 1949 - but he never spoke bad about them in spite of spending 4 long years in a POW-camp (Gulag) near "Stavropol" (Kaukasus). He took pictures until the end of 1943. Than the war became much harder and there was no time for taking pictures and there was a hard "Zensur" too.

I `m very happy, that my life took another way..... :thumbup:

Best regards
    HaJo

• Hello Friends,

@Hajo: Could you possibly share some f your fathers photos? I (and I am sure many others) would be fascinated to see a glimpse of what he saw. I am always left wondering at the strength of his generation and the things they endured. I am glad for all of us that our lives took a different direction.

Gustav: Thank you! As I consider you quite the historian, I am pleased to be able to share something with you.

Kind Regards,

Cris

• Moin Chris,

you ar right, i am interested in history and the reports of eyewitnesses bring live to history. I feel enthusiastic about them.

Kind Regards
    Gustav

• Hi Cris,
    in case of old fotos you can get in contact with xxgrisu112xx, because he shows us an album from his grandfather in the Baltic Sea as an "Schnellbootversorger". And he shows us during the meeting in Mannheim
    regards Werner