10th International Paper Model Convention

• It is that time of the year again to drool over what others have built.

I am talking about the 10th Annual International Paper Model Convention.
    Held this year at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dulles Virginia, USA.
    The date for the main attraction is November 11th, we will be displaying what we have built from 10am to 6pm(18:00 for our miltary and non US friends)

Some of the biggest names of the hobby will be in attendance, A.G. Smith of Dover Publications, Digital Navy, Fiddler's Green, ****** Pleiner and many others.

This year I will be providing a live webcam feed of the event, which can be accessed at IPMC Webcam feed

I will also be posting some videos and stills of the event when time allows, maybe a few days after the event.

If you are curious as to what fun we have, you can check out My 2004 photo album or if you need more info check out IPMC 2006 website

Hope to see you there

Rick

"Rock is Dead, Long Live Paper and Scissors"

• Hi Rick,
    I wish you all the best for your Convention.I am not able to visit VA this year because of two reasons.
    First: we have our quarterly meeting exact at the same time here in Mannheim (Germany) but our spirit will be spread to the people in the meeting room at Crown Plaza Hotel on 11th November.
    Special greetings to Kell Black if he will be there.
    Second: my passport is an so called "old Style" and is not allowed to visit US
    (I am still waiting for the next elections)
    Regards
    Werner

• Hi all,

just a reminder, I will be broadcasting Saturday only.

from 10:00 EST, for you in Western Europe, it will start around 16:00

Hope to see a lot of entries in the guest book

Rick

• Hi all,

We had a blast during the convention, loads of kids, lots of questions, lots of answers, and lots of laughs.

I want to thank the organizers, Peter Heesch, Peter Ansoff, Matt Vance, Alan Wheeler.
    Superbly done as always Gentlemen.

I want to thank all who displayed, awesome models as always.

I would like to thank all of people who checked the webcam broadcast, Thanks for the kind words and some of the suggestions.

We have been talking about next year, and some of the enhancements, new features and things we thought of.

Hopefully in the next couple of days or so I will have some time to upload the video i recorded.

For those who took pictures, and aren't savvy with some of the online photosharing sites, I will setting up a group on flickr so everyone can take a look and see how much fun we had.

I hope to see more people from the Eastern Seaboard at the Convention next year.
    And anyone who wants to fly or drive from all parts of the world are more than welcome.

Thank again to all who came, displayed, organized, and just made this a killer event.

It's my number 1 item on my social calender

Rick